Degree Programme in Hospitality, Tourism and Experience Management
Do you want to be part of the world's most dynamic and leading socio-economic sector?
The degree programme in Hospitality, Tourism, and Experience Management (HOTEM) provides students multiple competencies. Students can choose one of the two main streams:
- Hospitality Experience Management (Accommodation Management and Food and Beverage Management)
- Tourism Experience Management (Competitive Tourism Destinations or Developing Transportation, Travel Agency and Event Management Business)
Within the Hospitality Experience Management stream, five student places are reserved for a new field of expertise: the Hospitality Innovation and Imagineering (in partnership with Breda University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands).
Studies improve students' skills in project management, team working, and presentation. With a Bachelor of Hospitality Management degree, one is an expert in the service sector.
Haaga-Helia is Finland's first accredited member of the International Center of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education (THE-ICE).
Full-time studies, August 2021 intake
Joint application to higher education spring 2021
Application period from 7 to 20 January 2021 at 15.00 (UTC/GMT +2).
Entrance examination in Finland:
In cooperation with the Degree Programme in Tourism and Event Management, Porvoo. We are not accepting exams conducted elsewhere in Finland in other universities of applied sciences.
- FULLY Online Entrance examination 4 February 2021 (written part 1 and 2) and 15 - 19 February 2021 (interview).
- Entrance examination 6 April 2021 (written part 1 and 2) and 20 April 2021 (interview) – for further notice some parts might be conducted on campus.
Entrance examination outside Finland:
- Entrance examination 10 March 2021 (phase 1 written part) and 22 - 23 March 2021 (phase 2 interview)
- Russia, Saint Petersburg
- Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh
- China, Suzhou
The exams above will be conducted in cooperation with the degree programme in International Business, full-time studies at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences.
Information on applying and application form in Studyinfo.fi
More information about entrance examination.
Application with SAT scores
Application period from 21 January to 31 May 2021 at 15.00 (UTC/GMT +2).
- Applying with SAT test
- Information on applying and application form in Studyinfo.fi (will be published later).