Degree Programme in Tourism and Event Management
As a student of Tourism and Event Management (TEMPO) on Haaga-Helia Porvoo Campus you will get a solid education on tourism industry and planning, promoting and organizing events. Your studies will take place in a truly multicultural atmosphere mainly through real life projects with national and international companies and organizations.
After first year common studies you can choose between two alternative specialisations:
- Event Design and Management
- Selling and Developing Tourism Services and Products
Event Design and Management
This specialisation introduces the event planning and production process from ideating, concept creation to the actual implementation. The learning happens in real life event productions as part of an event planning team consisting of students and supervised by teachers. The event courses cover not only the operational level of event organizing, but two advanced level courses ensures a more strategic and conceptual approach to event management. Event related courses combined with internship and thesis project gives graduates the skills, attitude and networks required to enter the event industry.
Selling and Developing Tourism Services and Products
In the specialization, students will learn how to sell and market products and services through multiple channels in profitable ways and how to develop sustainable and versatile products and services focusing on customer experience. The competences are implemented in learning activities jointly with travel industry through working life projects, company visits and lecturers from the industry. Students also learn efficient sales and presentation skills and how to use different approaches for applied research. Studies of this specialization combined with internship(s) and thesis project gives graduates the skills, attitude and networks required to enter the tourism industry.
Application period from 7 to 20 January 2021 at 15.00 (UTC/GMT +2)
Entrance examination in Finland
- FULLY Online Entrance examination February 4th, 2021 (Written part 1 and 2) and February 15th – 19th, 2021 ( Interview part)
- FULLY Online Entrance examination April 6th, 2021 (Written part 1 and 2) and April 20th 2021 (Interview part) – for further notice some parts might will be conducted at the campus.
- We are not accepting exams conducted elsewhere in Finland in other Universities of Applied Sciences.
Entrance examination outside Finland:
- FULLY online entrance examination on March 10th, 2021 (Part 1 written part) and March 22nd -23rd 2021 (Part 2 Interview part)
Scope of the Programme: 210 ECTS
Degree programme: Tourism and Event Management
Study mode: Full-time
Employment opportunities after graduation: Key Account Manager, Team Leader, Sales Negotiator, Service Developer, Event Coordinator, Event Producer, HR Assistant, Marketing Assistant, Social Media Manager