Sports Coaching and Management
Passion for sports? The Sports Coaching and Management studies prepares students with the knowledge and skills needed in today’s sports and leisure industry.
Through competence-based approach, the programme prepares students along four main development streams with a focus on
- personal development and professional growth
- coach development
- event and organisational management and
- RDI competences.
The teaching is organised in English enabling students to work in an international environment during their work placement and upon completion of their studies.
The competence-based, student-centered studies demand from the students a high degree of independent working skills and self-motivation with the development process built in line with individual interests and preexisting competencies. During the studies, students are also involved in developing new solutions for coaching and management at the local, national, and international levels.
The first two years of the studies include intensive studying at the Haaga-Helia's Vierumäki Campus, after which the student has a chance to obtain information and knowledge in a real-life working environment during the 1–1,5 years of work placement.
ICCE endorsed at FULL level
Sports Coaching and Management (bachelor of sports studies) has received FULL ICCE endorsement from the International Council of Coaching Excellence.
Full-time studies, August 2023 intake
Joint application to higher education spring 2023
Application period from 4 to 18 January 2023 at 15.00 (UTC/GMT +2).
- Preliminary assignments has been sent 7 February 2023 for all eligible applicants by email.
- Send your advance assignment by email to studyservices(at)haaga-helia.fi by 10 March 2023 at 15.00 Finnish time.
- The online entrance examination will be held from 28 to 30 March 2023. Invitations for the interviews has been sent 23 March 2023 for those applicants who passed the entrance exam part one.
- Application criteria and application form
More information about the entrance examination.
Scope of the degree: 210 credit points (ECTS)
Degree programme: Sports coaching and management
Mode of Study: Full-time studies
Duration: 3,5 years
Tuition fee for non-EU/EEA citizens:
9 500 €