Degree Programme in Tourism and Hospitality Business, Master of Hospitality Management
The Master’s Degree Programme in Tourism and Hospitality Business is based on the future needs of the tourism and hospitality industries and gives students an opportunity to focus on areas important for their own professional development. The studies are planned especially for experts in tourism and travel organisations as well as for experts working in the hospitality industry. The goal of the degree programme is to raise the knowhow of an expert to a developer level.
After the studies, the graduates will be able to implement change projects and lead the transformation of their organisation toward achieving its higher competitive advantage in a fast-changing, global and international tourism and hospitality business environment. They will work in positions, for example: leading work development projects, planning and implementing business strategies, acting as leaders of their own business domestically and internationally.
Compulsory studies focus on research and development skills as well as competences needed in developing organisations and leading change. Studies enhance students’ abilities in analytical and critical thinking and problem-solving. Specialisation studies focus on sustainable tourism and hospitality-related skills and competences. Studies enhance students’ ability to apply current research knowledge in their professional fields. Free-choice studies provide students with more general business competences like communication and designing services to strategic thinking and digital business opportunities.
In the beginning of their studies, students choose their specialisation, on the basis of individual career goals and development needs. The specialisation studies together with the thesis account for the majority of the Master's studies. Specialisations cover a whole spectrum of business areas. In this degree programme, the recommended specialisation is Experience Economy and Designing Services, read more below:
Study information and application
Read more information about the curriculum structure, master's studies and the application below. Did you know that you can study master's studies also in the Open University of Applied Sciences?
How to apply?
Joint application period
- Application period: from 28 August to 11 September 2024 at 15.00 Finnish time. Information on applying and application form will be published later on Studyinfo.fi
- The preliminary material, advance assignment and CV: The preliminary material, the instructions for the advance assignment and CV template will be published on 28 August 2024 on Haaga-Helia´s website
- Entrance examination: 22 October 2024 on Pasila campus. More information about the entrance examination will be published later here.
- Alternative mode of selection: Alternative mode of selection is to take instead of Haaga-Helia`s entrance exam the GMAT Exam or GMAT Focus Edition. More information can be found: https://www.mba.com/ and will be published later on Haaga-Helia´s website
- Student intake: 24 (Entrance exam) and 6 (GMAT-test)
- Studies begin: January 2025
Master of Hospitality Management
Tourism and Hospitality Business
Scope of studies:
1,5 – 3 years part-time or full-time studies
Mode of studies:
evening, weekend, virtual and intensive studies
Tuition fee for non-EU/EEA citizens:
10 500 €