Degree Programme in Tourism and Event Management
Passion for travelling and international atmosphere? Business Tourism studies on Porvoo Campus offer a great base for a professional career in international tourism business.
As a student you can choose between two alternative specializations:
- Sales and Service Development in Business Tourism
- Events Management
Graduates acquire project management, research and development, coaching, problem solving, and innovation skills. Learning takes place as team work in real-life projects where personal development, networking, and presentation skills are highlighted.
Students can apply their skills in the dynamic tourism sector (airlines, travel agencies, events, hotels), and have specific know-how of their specialization, applicable in any global company. Graduates can produce, sell or buy travel services, work in the events industry, or start up a new business.
The studies are divided into the following modules:
- Communication Skills in Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Operational Environment
- Production and Sales of Travel and Tourism Services
- Social and Collaboration Skills
- Business and Entrepreneurial Skills
Application period from 7 to 20 January 2021 at 15.00 (UTC/GMT +2)
Entrance examination in Finland
- FULLY Online Entrance examination February 4th, 2021 (Written part 1 and 2) and February 15th – 19th, 2021 (Interview part)
- Entrance examination April 6th, 2021 (Written part 1 and 2) and April 20th, 2021 (Interview part) – for further notice some parts might will be conducted at the campus.
- We are not accepting exams conducted elsewhere in Finland in other Universities of Applied Sciences.
Entrance examination outside Finland:
- March 10th, 2021 (phase 1 written part) and March 22nd -23rd, 2021 (Phase 2 Interview part)
- Russia, Saint Petersburg
- Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh
- China, Suzhou
Scope of the Programme: 210 ECTS
Degree programme: Tourism and Event Management
Study mode: Full-time
Employment opportunities after graduation: Key Account Manager, Team Leader, Sales Negotiator, Service Developer, Event Coordinator, Event Producer, HR Assistant, Marketing Assistant, Social Media Manager