Degree Programme in Sports Coaching and Management
Passion for sports? The Degree Programme in Sports Coaching and Management prepares students with the knowledge and skills needed in today’s sports and leisure industry.
Through competence-based approach, the programme prepares students along four main development streams with a focus on
- personal development and professional growth
- coach development
- event and organisational management and
- RDI competences.
The teaching is organised in English enabling students to work in an international environment during their work placement and upon completion of the studies.
The competence-based, student-centered studies demand from the students a high degree of independent working skills and self-motivation with the development process built in line with the individual interests and preexisting competencies. During the studies, students are also involved in developing new solutions for coaching and management at the local, national, and international levels.
The first two years of the studies include intensive studying at the Haaga-Helia's Vierumäki Campus, after which the student has a chance to obtain information and knowledge in a real-life working environment during the 1–1,5 years of work placement.
Full-time studies, August 2022 intake
Application period from 5 to 19 January 2022 at 15.00 (UTC/GMT +2).
- Preliminary assignments will be sent for all eligible applicants by email by the end of February 2022.
- Send your advance assignment by email to studyservices.vierumaki(at)haaga-helia.fi by 11 March 2022 at 15:00 Finnish time.
- Online entrance examination will be held on 28.3.-30.3.2022.
- Application criteria and application form