Congratulations and welcome to master your future and to develop your competencies at Haaga-Helia's Master's Degree Programmes.
On this page, you will find the information and materials needed to start your studies on the following programmes:
- Degree Programme in Business Technologies (BUTEM)
- Degree Programme in Leading Business Transformation (LEBUM)
- Degree Programme in Tourism and Hospitality Business (HOSBUM)
- NB! The materials for Strategising in Organisations students can be found here.
- NB! The materials for Sustainable Aviation Business students can be found here.
Students accepted through the open path, please read the schedules and instructions on confirming your study place here.
Structure of the curriculum
The scope of studies leading to a Master's degree is 90 ECTS credits and the completion is scheduled for 1.5 years of full time or part-time studies. The degree includes 20 credits of common elective studies, 20 credits of specialisation studies, 20 credits of free-choice studies and 30 credits of thesis. The only compulsory course of the degree is the Applied Design Research.
Find out about the study structure, specialisation options and course descriptions of your own degree programme through the links below.
Planning your studies
It is recommended to choose common elective studies and specialisation studies for the first study semester (spring 2024). You should create an individual study plan at least on a rough level already at the beginning of your studies.
Common studies (Data Analytics/Futures Research/Learning Culture in Organisations/Evolving Organisations) are offered throughout the academic year in both Finnish and English. When planning the specialisation studies, it is also important to take into account the timing of the offer, because not all specialisation courses are offered in both semesters. Familiarise yourself with the curriculum and make a plan for your studies next spring using the list below:
- Spring schedule will be published in December
Choosing spring studies & schedule
- Check the course offering from the excel.
- From Mode column you can see the mode of the implementation: CONTACT – meetings at campus, VIRTUAL – no meetings, ONLINE – meetings online
- First choose your specialisation and within the specialisation choose 1-3 course implementations. Check the dates for possible meetings in Timetable tool (Lukkarikone) based on the implementation code.
- Choose 1-2 courses from common elective studies that best suit your schedule. Check the dates for possible meetings in Timetable tool (Lukkarikone) based on the implementation code.
- Enrol for the implementatios in Peppi based on the implementation code.
Also book specialisation specific Master seminars in your calendar, which support your professional development and the planning and structure of the thesis topic. During the spring, you are expected to attend at least one of the seminars, but it is recommended to attend all of them. Basically, the seminars are held online. Spring 2024 seminars are:
- On Mon 5 February in English from 17.00 to 19.30
- On Mon 25 March in Finnish from 17.00 to 19.30
- On Mon 22 April in English from 17.00 to 19.30
The study plan will be finalised in the PSP (personal study plan) during April. In the beginning of your studies, the most important thing is to identify the courses according to your plan for the spring semester and enroll for them. You will find more information about enrolling and planning the studies on Introduction to Master studies orientation platform where you can log in with your credentials in January.
Start of the studies
Before the orientation
Familiarise yourself with the contents of the Master student’s webpages and start to orientate yourself to your studies already before the actual orientation evenings. In January, week 1, you will receive an email invitation to the orientation materials for Master students. If your credentials do not work by Thursday 4 January, please contact: studyservices(at)haaga-helia.fi
With the help of the orientation materials, you can familiarise yourself with the structure of the curriculum and the creation of a personal study plan (PSP). You will also receive instructions on logging into Haaga-Helia's systems and how to enroll for spring courses.
Specialisation studies are also presented in the orientation materials, because you will make a preliminary choice of your specialisation by Wednesday 10 January at 10.00 o'clock.
To do after receiving Haaga-Helia's username and password:
- Log in to Moodle and familiarise yourself with Introduction to Master studies orientation platform.
- Familiarise yourself with the contents of the Master student’s webpages.
- Log in to the school e-mail and, if necessary, forward the school e-mail to your own e-mail. The instructions can be found in the orientation platform.
- Download and log in to the Zoom and Teams online meeting programs. Read the instructions from IT Service's webpage.
- Enroll for spring courses and book Master seminars on your calendar.
- Choose your specialisation by Wed 10 Jan at 10 o'clock.
Orientation to the studies is arranged on two weekday evenings before the beginning of the actual academic year. The first evening on Tue 9 January is common to all new Master students and the latter evening on Thu 11 January will be held in specialisation groups. Tuesday’s orientation will be held in Zoom and the specialisation info on Thursday will be held at Pasila campus. Attendance at both evenings is mandatory. However, if you are hindered from attending, you can watch the Tuesday’s orientation afterwards as a recording.
Tuesday 9 January from 17.00 to 19.00
The orientation will be arranged as an online meeting, to which you will receive a link on Thu 4 Jan by email. To be able to participate, all you need is a working network connection and the device you need to join the Zoom (we recommend computer/laptop, but also tablet or phone is possible). During the evening, you will get information about study planning and practices. Tuesday's orientation will be recorded and the recording will be available later on orientation platform.
Thursday 11 January from 13.00 to 19.30
Thursday's orientation will be arranged at Pasila campus. We recommend participating in the voluntary IT orientation if you are not already familiar with Haaga-Helia's systems or if you have questions about the content of the Master studies.
- From 13.00 to 15.00 - Introduction to Haaga-Helia’s systems and learning platforms
- From 15.00 to 16.00 – Guidance session for technical systems
- From 15.00 to 17.00 - Study guidance session
- From 17.00 to 19.30 - Specialisation infos
Thursday’s orientation prepares you for the specialisation studies as well as provides an opportunity to meet student colleagues who share your professional goals with you. Thursday's orientation will not be recorded and it is not possible to participate in it online.
Detailed information and instructions for orientation evenings will be sent to you in the beginning of January. So be sure to log in to your student email and, if necessary, redirect your mail to an address that you are actively following.
If you have any questions regarding the orientation evenings or you cannot participate, please email: master(at)haaga-helia.fi