Service Design – From Discover to Deliver and Beyond
“It is not the tram that makes transportation a successful experience. It is the schedule.” Lucius Burckhardt
This service design training provides participants with a multidisciplinary, collaborative, and human-centred approach that focuses on the customer’s experience through service that is useful, usable, and desirable as well as effective, efficient, and distinctive. By participating in this training, you will learn how to solve ‘real’ business challenges with service design.
The total extent of training is equivalent to 10 ECTS credits, and it is possible to include these credits as a part of several Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences (AMK degrees).
Day 1 & 2 (Fri 2.2. & Sat 3.2.2024)
- Service design concepts, terminology, and principles,
- User-centred service development processes,
- Service design processes,
- Methods and tools for service design - discover phase,
- Gaining empathy and understanding users, the company, and stakeholders.
Day 3 & 4 (Fri 8.3. & Sat 9.3.2024)
- Methods and tools for service design - development phase,
- Set design drivers,
- Give strategic direction,
- Define the problem or opportunity,
- Co-create a useful, usable, and desirable new service.
Day 5 (Sat 13.4.2024)
- Methods and tools for service design - delivery phase,
- Prototype - visualising and explaining effective, efficient, and distinctive new service,
- Develop profitable business models for the new service.
Day 6: (Fri 17.5.2024)
- The day of the harvest – presentation of the new service concept, process or system,
- Deployment of the new service.
Participants receive a HH/LAB8 and SDN - Service Design Network branded certificate after completion.
Key Learning Outcomes
After completing this training, you will be able to:
- know the main principles of service design,
- understand the key concepts, and terminology related to service design,
- distinguish a variety of service design processes
- apply a service design process and tools to a commissioned business case,
- analyze and apply trends to the commissioned business case,
- empathize and gain insights from users, stakeholders, the commissioned business case,
- evaluate and synthesize insights,
- identify design drivers to guide development,
- guide strategic direction or alignment,
- generate ideas to develop a new service,
- judge ideas for new services,
- prototype ideas and conceptualize a new service,
- develop a profitable business model for the new service,
- plan the implementation of the new service.
This training is intended for people from all walks of life, who wish to understand the intricacies of service design and its application to a commissioned real-life business case. Each of the days offers a hands-on minds-on training on designing services for organisations, which are now asked to put customers and employees at the centre of their design endeavours.
This training includes 6 full days, and each day runs from 9:00 to 15:45 EET.
- Fri 2.2.2024
- Sat 3.2.2024
- Fri 8.3.2024
- Sat 9.3.2024
- Sat 13.4.2024
- Fri 17.5.2024
The facilitation and coaching for this training predominantly utilizes English, and learning activities can be done in English or Finnish.
Moodle platform details will be shared with course registrants before the first session.
1.750,00 € + VAT 24% = total 2.170,00 €