FSHS: Students from other EU or EEA countries must provide a European Health Insurance Card starting 1.1.2023

From the beginning of the year 2023, students from EU and ETA countries need to have the European Health Insurance Card.

YTHS Haaga-Helia
News article


All students from another EU or EEA country must obtain a European Health Insurance Card if they do not already have one. Students must obtain a health insurance card before they arrive in Finland. The card must be obtained from the country where the student is covered by health insurance.

Students arriving from the UK and Northern Ireland can present a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC).
The health insurance card must be presented at every visit, both in remote and in person. If the student does not have a medical card, they can present a temporary replacement certificate.

More information on the change and exceptions can be found on the FSHS website.