Tatiana found her first job in Finland through Haaga-Helia studies
Tatiana Poddubnaya moved to Finland in 2019 to study Hospitality, Tourism and Experience Management at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences. Much to Tatiana’s surprise, she found her first job just one month after moving to the country of open-minded people and beautiful nature.
Tatiana Poddubnaya, 19, has visited Finland many times on family holidays. When it came time to decide what she wanted to do after finishing high school in Russia, Tatiana knew exactly which country she wanted to explore even more.
So, what made Tatiana fell in love with Finland in the first place?
– There are two best parts about Finland, says Tatiana.
– One of them is the beautiful nature and the way the environment is treated in this country. And the other one is obviously the people. It may be surprising to see how open and open-minded Finnish people are!
Tatiana is not just a tourist anymore. She now lives in Finland and studies Hospitality, Tourism and Experience Management at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences. She’s a second-year student and has really enjoyed her studies thanks to the international atmosphere and the experienced teachers.
– Studying at Haaga-Helia is a lot of fun, mostly because of the international community of both students and teachers, says Tatiana.
– When it comes to teachers, they will always try to find the best way to work with everyone. Therefore, you get the best study process for yourself.
Tatiana also appreciates the way the students are valued at Haaga-Helia.
– The students’ wishes and opinions are always listened to. We are encouraged to bring our ideas into life. Haaga-Helia teachers and the business professionals we meet during our studies are always there to offer their help to realize our dreams.
“Haaga-Helia really opens the door to working life”
Through education, research and development, Haaga-Helia prepares professionals for business and services. Projects and courses are executed in collaboration with real businesses, which gives the students lots of chances to be recruited to work in their own field.
Tatiana has first-hand experience of the opportunities that studying at Haaga-Helia can offer.
– I found my first workplace through one of the Haaga-Helia projects during the first year of my studies, she reveals.
– We had to interview a restaurant manager of our choice. After that meeting, I was offered a job at the restaurant and I stayed there for six months. It was great to be able to work in my own field so soon after starting my studies. I learned so much! It was great to see that Haaga-Helia really opens the door to working life.
Tatiana couldn’t be happier that she chose to study at Haaga-Helia, and she wants to encourage others to do the same.
– If you’re thinking about applying to Haaga-Helia, you definitely should. It will be a decision you will never regret, Tatiana says.
– You will get the highest level of education while having a lot of fun in your study process and in the student life as well.