Päivi Aarreniemi-Jokipelto (Doctor of Science, Tech.) works as a Principal Lecturer in Haaga-Helia School of Vocational Teacher Education. Her areas of expertise include digital pedagogy and technology, mobile learning, iDTV learning, e-learning, distance learning, blended learning, teacher training and export of education.
Aarreniemi-Jokipelto graduated from Helsinki University of Technology (nowadays Aalto University) in 2007, where she worked several years as a researcher and as a project manager in e-learning. She has 25 years of teaching experience, 20 years of RDI experience and 13 years of experience in teacher training.
She has national and international research collaboration with different universities and university of applied sciences. Her doctoral dissertation is about the use of interactive digital television in formal distance learning. Her recent RDI topics are mobile learning, MOOC pedagogy, learning analytics and dialogue design system.
She has actively participated to the export of education, in which she has worked as a lead expert in digital learning, design for learning and teacher training programmes. She has trained e.g. Brazilian, Saudi and Colombian teachers. The most recent programme is the Master’s Degree programme for university directors and deans in South Africa.
- Aarreniemi-Jokipelto, P. (2006). Modelling and content production of distance learning concept for interactive digital television. Doctoral dissertation. Helsinki University of Technology, Industrial Information Technology Laboratory publications 4. https://aaltodoc.aalto.fi/handle/123456789/5/browse?value=Aarreniemi-Jokipelto%2C+P%C3%A4ivi&type=author
- Aarreniemi-Jokipelto, P. (2020). The Landscape of Mobile Learning in Brazil: From Distance Learning to On- and Offline Mobile Learning. In Proceedings of EdMedia + Innovate Learning (pp. 210-215). Online, The Netherlands: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved August 13, 2020 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/217304/.
- Aarreniemi-Jokipelto, P. (2020). An Educational Model and Digital Solutions for a Massive Open Online Course. In Proceedings of EdMedia + Innovate Learning (pp. 919-923). Online, The Netherlands: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved August 13, 2020 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/217398/.
- Aarreniemi-Jokipelto, P. & Goulart, E. (2017). Localised Mobile Learning Solutions: Responding to the Needs of Global Education. VI Congresso Brasileiro de Informática na Educação (CBIE 2017), Anais do XXVIII Simpósio Brasileiro de Informática na Educação (SBIE 2017), P: 374-383.
- Aarreniemi-Jokipelto, P. & Makino, Y. (2016), Dialogue Design System to Share Information and Construct Knowledge, Bastiaens, T.J., Marks, G. & , (Eds.). Education and Information Technology Annual 2016: A Selection of AACE Award Papers. United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). (pp. 111-121).
- Aarreniemi-Jokipelto. P. (2016). How Do We Prepare Vocational Teachers for the Demands of the Digital World? From Paper Prototype to Teacher Training. In Proceedings of EdMedia: World Conference on Educational Media and Technology 2016 (pp. 1487-1495). Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
- Aarreniemi-Jokipelto, P. (2006). T-learning Compared to E-learning and M-learning, in Enkenberg, J., Kentz, M-B., Hatakka, O. (Eds.) Emerging Practices in educational technology. Joensuu: Savonlinna, Department of Teacher Education. University of Joensuu.
- Aarreniemi-Jokipelto, P., Tuominen, J., Kalli, S., Riikonen, T. (2003). Experimenting with Digital Television Learning Environments. E-Train 2003. In a book: (Eds) Nicholson, P., Thompson, J., Ruohonen, M., Multisilta, J. T-Training Practices for Professional Organizations, Kluwer Academic Publishers. (pp. 231-238).