Remote access using VDI
From this page, you will find the instructions for using VDI environment at Haaga-Helia.
What Is VDI?
VDI is an abbreviation for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. It gives you access to Haaga-Helia’s IT services (applications, network resources, etc) from outside of our campuses as well. The license agreement of some software companies does not allow using their software outside campuses.
Using VDI Haaga-Helia’s resources and services are available on any computer or device.
VDI in short
- Download and install Citrix Workspace App (see further info from the link below).
- Open your web browser to vdi.haaga-helia.fi and log in using Haaga-Helia’s email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. Login uses multi-factor authentication, so keep your mobile phone at hand.
- At the end of the session, either Disconnect or Sign Out.
- students: save your work and Sign out from the session (sometimes Disconnect).
- staff: save your work and choose either Disconnect or Lock (the session will remain active, you can e.g. change device), or choose to Sign out from the session.