- We recommend using the Chrome browser or the newest version of Firefox to login. We cannot guarantee that the application form works correctly with other browsers!
- Use your university email when you register. Do not use Hotmail email address for registering, because automatic emails do not always reach Hotmail addresses.
- Make sure that you write your email correctly when registering so that you will get the confirmation to complete the registering.
- When registering to the portal, please note that your password must include at least: 8 characters, 1 special character, 1 digit.
- If you forget your password, you can retrieve it through the system automatically.
- If you did not get the automatic confirmation email to complete the registering after you registered to the system, please check your email's junk folder if it is there.
- Be patient as the application system might be slow at times.
- If you have other technical problems, please contact us at exch(at)haaga-helia.fi.
If you wish to study at Haaga-Helia as an exchange student, first check whether your home university has a valid partner agreement with us. If there is no agreement, please see below how to apply as a Free Mover. Please note partner agreement is not needed with Ukrainian universities (scroll down for more information 'Erasmus+ supported studies for students fleeing from Ukraine'.
The general eligibility criteria for exchange students is CEFR B2 English level and relevant study background.
Partner universities must submit all nominations to Haaga-Helia by the deadline:
- April 9 for Autumn semester
- October 15 for Spring semester
Nomination instructions and link will be emailed to all partner universities before the application period starts. If you have not received the link, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that nominations that are only sent by email or after the application deadline will not be accepted.
Student exchange application
The application can be found below. Application deadlines:
- 23 April for the Autumn semester
- 29 October for the Spring semester
We contact all nominated students directly with the application info. If you have not received emails from us before the deadline, please contact us at email@example.com
Late applications will not be processed. If you require an extension, please notify us before the deadline.
Attachments for the application:
- Transcript of records (in English) (i.e. official list of the courses which you have completed at your home institution). Please include the grading scale if you home institution uses a different scale from Haaga-Helia. Haaga-Helia grading scale is 1-5, the highest grade being 5.
- Proof of English proficiency at the minimum of B2 level (CEFR scale), such as a certified English test result (TOEFL, IELTS), a testimony from your English teacher or a test result from your home institution.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are currently fully studying in English, have previously completed a degree in English or speak English as your native language, this does not apply to you.
- Copy of valid passport (applies only to non-EU/EEA citizens who need a visa). If you do not have one, please email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org later.
NB! Business or Tourism students can be placed to Helsinki or the Porvoo campus. This applies to all business and tourism applicants!
Acceptance information and practical instructions will be emailed to you in May/November. Your exchange period will start with orientation days where you will get to know your studies and future friends better.
If you have any further questions regarding the application process, please contact us at exch(a)haaga-helia.fi. You will get more information on your coordinator at Haaga-Helia after the application round has ended.
Erasmus+ supported studies for students fleeing from Ukraine
Haaga-Helia supports students fleeing the war in Ukraine by offering them an opportunity to study at Haaga-Helia as Erasmus+ exchange students. Please see below for information on eligibility, application instructions, grants available, and other important information.
Free mover application
Students can apply for a free mover student exchange at Haaga-Helia UAS if their home university does not have an exchange agreement with Haaga-Helia or no more open exchange seats available.
Please note that only the undergraduate level programs are available for free mover students.
The length of a free mover student exchange is one semester (Autumn: Aug-Dec / Spring: Jan-May). We strongly recommend free mover students to apply for the spring semester. The availability of courses and housing is limited in the autumn semester due to a large number of incoming exchange students.
For more info, contact exch(at)haaga-helia.fi.