Essentials of Hospitality and Tourism
One out of 10 employees globally is found in hospitality and tourism. Will you be one of them?
This is an introductory set of courses to the vast field of hospitality and tourism. This set of 5 high-quality courses takes the participant to a new level in understanding the business logic and working structure of hospitality and tourism, as a people business, experience business, and a business area developing fast during the years to come.
This course package aims to develop a wide perspective on modern hospitality and tourism as a multi-form industry and the issues affecting it. Lessons included will explain the central concepts and definitions used in the respective business areas.
The course package enables you access to the five following courses:
- Travel & Tourism Business
- Accommodation Business
- Food & Beverage Management
- Culinary Management
- Accounting and Managing Numbers
+ a free bonus e-book glossary: ‘The language of Hospitality & Tourism’ to help you to get started with the terminology.
After completing the course package, the participant:
- has a solid understanding of the local and global importance of the hospitality and tourism industry, the principles and codes of behavior, and how to succeed in one’s work
- is able to start pursuing a career in this number one business in the world
- knows how worldwide trends and issues shape the business
Upon completion of this set of courses, the participant is able to:
- explain the complexity of the hospitality and tourism business
- understand the multitude of various components of the business
- assess the impact of hospitality and tourism
- apply theories into practice in the hospitality and tourism field
- apply the basic skills acquired to start working in the business
This course is feature of Haaga-Helia Online
Haaga-Helia Online offers extensive and in-depth study modules, which include various digital learning materials, assignments, tests and supporting materials. The participants will receive a certificate for every course they complete.
Course material: 133 videos, over 10 hours of video material, one video podcast, 26 quizzes. Estimated total study time, 10 ECTS equivalent, 270 hours of workload.
Targeted to: This course serves well for people already working in hospitality and tourism, wanting to broaden their skills and knowledge base. It is for everyone interested in acquiring the basics of the business as a whole. The participants are expected to watch all the video content under each module, acquaint themselves with additional materials provided, and then take the quizzes. The quiz can be taken 3 times and we recommend that participants watch the videos and practise until they feel they master the topic.
Course price: 900 €