Academic degree: PhD., Adjunct Professor (title of docent)
Specialisation (keywords): digital service development, digital business, AI in education, new data-business creation, educational technology
Ari Alamäki works as Principal Lecturer at Haaga-Helia, and as Adjunct Professor at University of Turku. His current research focuses on AI in education and customer behavior in digital environments. He teaches digital business and management of digital development.
Alamäki worked as COO and co-founder at Targetor Oy with 90 large or middle-size customers of its software products in 2004-2011. He has also worked as managing consultant in e-learning for Tieto Oyj in 2000-2003. In the 90's, he worked at University of Turku and as visiting scholar at Virginia Tech and Minnesota State University, USA in 1997-1998. He received PhD in 1999 from University of Turku.
Alamäki's publishing work consist of over 131 publications including 44 peer-review articles, 83 professional or book-articles, conference publications and audio-visual publications, two scientific books, one business and one edited book.
- Alamäki, A., Pesonen, J. & Dirin, A. (2019). Triggering effects of mobile video marketing in nature tourism: media richness perspective. Information Processing & Management 56 (3), 756-770.
- Alamäki, A., Aunimo, L., Ketamo, H. & Parvinen, L. (2019). Interactive Machine Learning: Managing Information Richness in Highly Anonymized Conversation Data. In L.M. Camarinha-Matos, H. Afsarmanesh & D. Antonelli (Eds.), Collaborative Networks and Digital Transformation. The Proceeding of 20th IFIP Working Conference on Virtual Enterprises, PRO-VE 2019, pp. 173-183
- Alamäki, A. (2018). A Conceptual Model for Knowledge Dimensions and Processes in Design and Technology Projects. International Journal of Technology and Design Education, 28(3), 667–683.
- 3AMK AI-team/OKM (2019-)
- FESS/OKM (2019-)
- BIG DATA – BIG BUSINESS/Business Finland (2017-2019)
- Virtual Outdoors/EU rural development fund (2016-2019)
- DICIA/Tekes (2016-2019)
- MANIA/Tekes (2014-2016)
- TARU/Tekes (2014-2015)
- Mobile services for tourism/Tekes SHOK (2012-2015)