A decision by the Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI) on the recognition of the level of the degree as equivalent to a tertiary level degree completed in Finland must be attached to the application in the following cases:
- You have completed the degree on which your eligibility is based outside the Nordic countries (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland).
- You have completed your tertiary level degree outside Finland in another Nordic country and
- the degree belongs to the field of social services and health, and/or
- based on the degree, you are seeking qualification as a so-called general subject teacher, and/or
- the degree is less than three years in scope, and/or
- you are not a citizen of any of the Nordic countries.
EDUFI is responsible for decisions regarding the eligibility conferred by foreign qualifications for positions which in Finland require specific education or a university/University of Applied Sciences degree of a certain level. A certain level of education is required e.g. for teaching positions. Without the decision on recognition, your application cannot be considered.
If you have already received the decision and need guidance, please contact us by email and attach a scanned copy of the decision to your message.