Open studies are
- available for everyone regardless of age, citizenship or educational background
- for students who meet the requirements
- fee-charging courses which meet Haaga-Helia’s degree regulations – courses are the same and teachers are the same as in the degree programmes!
- mostly arranged as contact lessons but we also offer online courses and intensive courses (lessons at evening times and weekends)
- not leading directly to a degree, but your studies can be accredited if you later get the admission in a degree programme
- part-time studies and visa or residence permit is not granted solely based on these studies, which are not directly leading to a degree
- not eligible for the state’s student financial aid or student discounts
- Degree Programmes can be found here
Haaga-Helia Open UAS provides the opportunity to study towards a degree. When an Open UAS student has earned a minimum of 55 credits (30 credits in master level studies) from courses that are included or otherwise suitable for a specific degree programme in a Finnish UAS, the student may apply for admission as a degree student in the programme in question. More information here.
Haaga-Helia’s campuses reopened in June with certain limitations, most of the services are offered online and at the same time, we started preparations for autumn semester. When returning to campuses in August, we will be using a so-called blended model. Read more Returning to campuses can be done safely when working together responsibly. Please follow actively our website, Mynet, school email and social media for any possible changes.
Enrollment for new students for the Autumn Semester starts 3 August 2020 at 9am. Students, who continue their Open UAS studies, may enroll from 10 June 2020 at 9am onwards.
Studying at the Open UAS is free of charge for those who are unemployed and furloughed without salaries during the autumn term 2020. Student is required to attach to the enrollment form his/ her lay-off or employment relationship termination certificate. A certificate from your local Employment and Economic Development Office (TE Office) is also accepted.