Extent: 10 cr (33 days)
Timing: 4th semester or as agreed
Language: according to the country and organisation
Level: Work Placement
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Completion of work placement 1 and 60 cr.
- learns to develop his/her professional skills and to link his/her academic studies with real-life work practices
- is able to evaluate and develop his/her workplace environment
Work placement is an integral part of polytechnic studies and students can apply for work placement 1 after they have completed work placement 1 and 60 cr. The placement has to be approved in advance by the work placement co-ordinator. Students have to be registered as attendants during the work placement.
Work placement period is normally uninterrupted. In case a student wants to complete his/her work placement in two parts. Work placement can be full-time or part-time work with a minimum of 20 h/week. A students has to make a written application (work placement notification) to the work placement coordinator. Work placement comprises the following:
- Participation in a placement info meeting before work placement.
- Contact with the work placement advisor (lecturer) before and during the placement.
- Placement period in an approved company or organization. Keeping a learning log.
- Submitting a written or an oral placement report with the required attachments. Alternatively, writing HH work placement blog and submitting the required documents to the advisor.
- Giving feedback on the learning platform or submitting a Work Placement Abroad –student report
Work placement information meetings are arranged twice a month and the dates are announced on MyNet and info TV.
Cooperating with the business community
The course is realized in work life within a business community.
Work placement is performed in an international setting where the student works and communicates with other nationalities in an international setting outside Finland or his/her home country.
Teaching and learning methods
Working at the place of work and submitting reports.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is observed on the course according to separate instructions.
Liisa Wallenius, Porvoo Campus