Scope: 3 credits
Timing: 3rd academic year
Level: Professional studies
Upon completion of the course, the student is able
• to apply his/her travel and tourism expertise in the strategic travel business project
• to work with the representatives of project stakeholders
• to recognize versatile project working methods
• to use project management skills as a part of development project
• to evaluate the results of the project
• Project-oriented business development in travel and tourism industry
• Cooperation within travel and tourism cluster
• Goal-oriented execution of the project
• Project communication and teamwork
• Project assessment criteria
Starting level and linkage with other courses
To be studied together with the course TRA3ZL002, Strategic Management of Travel and Tourism Business Operations: Transportation, Travel Agency and Event Management Business.
The course is evaluated on a scale excellent (5), very good (4), good (3), satisfactory (2), fair (1), fail (0). The assessment criteria is presented on a scale 1 - 3 - 5.
The student is able to name different project methods. S/he is participating in the project team work.
The student is able to work as responsible team member. S/he is able to use his/her travel and tourism and strategic management knowledge in business development project implementation. The student is able to analyse the results of the project.
The student shows project management and team leadership skills. S/he is able to combine his/her travel and tourism expertise and strategic thinking to each phase of the business development project. The student is able to formulate an assessment criteria for implementation and results.
Working life connections
The course involves a project work commissioned by an external company or is applied to travel business context.
Travel Business is viewed from the point of view of a company operating globally.
The learning goals of this course can be reached in the following ways:
a. Participation in a working life project or another project
b. Develop models to include study-time work experience in the studies
Assessing one’s own learning is a compulsory part of the course.
Aija Juvonen, Haaga
Salla Ursin, Haaga