Scope: 3 credits
Timing: 2nd academic year
Level: Professional studies
Upon completion of the course, the student is able to
• apply his/her travel and tourism expertise in the tourism destination project
• work with the representatives of project stakeholders
• recognize versatile project working methods
• use with project management skills as a part of development project
• evaluate the results of the project
• Project-oriented business development in travel and tourism industry
• Cooperation within travel and tourism cluster
• Goal-oriented execution of the project
• Project communication and teamwork
• Project assessment criteria
Starting level and linkage with other courses
To be studied together with the course TOU3ZL001 Crafting Travel and Tourism Experience Products.
The course is evaluated on a scale excellent (5), very good (4), good (3), fair (2), sufficient (1), fail (0). The assessment criteria is presented on a scale 1 - 3 - 5.
Student is able to name different project methods. Student is participating in the project team work.
Student is able to work as responsible team member. Student is able to use his/her travel and tourism knowledge in business development project implementation. Student is able to analyse results of the project.
Student shows project management and team leadership skills. Student is able to combine his/her travel and tourism expertise to each phase of the business development project. Student is able to formulate an assessment criteria for implementation and results.
Working life connections
Course will include a travel and tourism industry-based project.
Course content is viewed both globally and locally.
The learning goals of this course can be reached in the following way:
a. Lectures and related assignments as full-time studies.
Assessing one’s own learning is a compulsory part of the course.
Leena Grönroos, Haaga