Scope: 5 ECTS
Timing: Period 4
Level: Professional studies
Type: Free-choice, Price 60 €.
The course in directed to participants in 3AMK lane Wine Import Business 15 ECTS
- has acquired method of systematic wine tasting and is able to use it as a tool for continuous growth in product knowledge
- understands factors affecting the quality and price of main wine types
- can explain labels and knows wine classifications in main wine production areas
- understands customer segments in wine market
- Systematic approach to tasting of wine
- Natural and human factors affecting the style and quality of wines in the vineyard and winery
- Comparative studies of grape varieties and main wine production areas
- Wine market analysis
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Basic wine knowledge needed.
The course is evaluated on a scale excellent (5), very good (4), good (3), satisfactory (2), fair (1), fail (0). The assessment criteria is presented on a scale 1 - 3 - 5.
Working life connections
The course includes alcohol industry related assignments and case studies.
- Systematic tasting
- E-learning platform
Assessing one’s own learning is a compulsory part of the course.
Jouko Mykkänen, Haaga