Scope: 5 credits
Timing: 3rd academic year
Level: Professional studies
Upon completion of the course, the student is able to
• to apply his/her expertise in the field of hospitality to a project to be constructed
• to work with the representatives of project stakeholders
• to recognize versatile project working methods
• to use project management skills as a part of the development project
• to evaluate the results of the project
• Project-oriented business development in the hospitality industry
• Cooperation with stakeholders of the industry
• Goal-oriented execution of the project
• Project communication and teamwork
• Project assessment criteria
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Recommended to be studied after the course Supervisory Project.
The course is evaluated on a scale excellent (5), very good (4), good (3), satisfactory (2), fair (1), fail (0). The assessment criteria is presented on a scale 1 - 3 - 5.
Student is able to name different project methods
Student is participating in the project team work
Student is able to work as a responsible team member
Student is able to use his/her in hospitality business knowledge in project implementation
Student is able to analyse results of the project
Student shows project management and team leadership skills
Student is able to combine his/her hospitality business expertise to each phase of the business development project
Student is able to formulate an assessment criteria for implementation and results of the project
Working life connections
Course will include a hospitality industry-based project.
Project is focused on international managerial organizations in hospitality business.
Process planning and project management in teams of four students.
Assessing one’s own learning is a compulsory part of the course.
Hospitality and Tourism teachers, Haaga Campus