Credits: 3 cr
Term: 3rd or 4th term
Level: Basic and professional studies
Basics of Human Behaviour and Personal Communication Skills must be completed before the course.
Students understand employee well-being as a critical component in socially-responsible management. They are able to seek and analyze information in their trade and are capable of critical and holistic data evaluation.
• Students acquire proactive work attitude and good problem solving and decision making skills
• They know the core principles of project-based work and are able to work in projects
• They can anticipate changes, adapt to new situations and know how to identify and create new opportunities in the industry
• They are able to conform to the value systems and ethical principles of the industry and their work
• Work and its significance to humans, changes in contemporary working life
• Proactive approach to one’s ability to work and management’s role in the process
• Coping with physical and mental demands at work
• Complex working communities
• Tools and metrics of well-being at work
Cooperation with the business community and other organisations
Project-based business cases of co-operating with students’ place of employment or other company/organisation operating in the business to meet the learning objectives.
The course is conducted in HOSBA-programs with a mix of international students and exchange students.
Teaching and learning methods
The course can be completed by independent-learning orientation. Students plan, design and execute a project that relates to well-being implementation plan at work. The assessment of one’s own learning 1 h.
Recognition of Prior Learning, RPL (in Finnish AHOT)
The required skills and competences can be demonstrated by a skills examination.
Teacher with the main responsibility for the course
Will be announced later
Exam 40 %
Project group work & report 60 %
The assessment of one’s own learning does not influence the grade. The assignment is the same for all courses/modules and the answers will also be used for course/module development. The assignment is completed online in WinhaOpaali.
The student is able to describe “well-being at work “- related concepts and can define the significance of well-being at work generally.
In addition to the previous, the student can identify well-being related appearances at work in a case and can analyse causal relationship between theory and practice.
In addition to the previous, s/he is able to make argued and relevant recommendations to enhance well-being at work in their trade/industry.