Extent: 5cr (135 h), 4 – 5 weeks
Timing: 2th - 6th semester
Starting level and linkage with other courses
The course has no special starting requirement.
Upon completion of the course, the student is able to
- Understand the requirements of going into business and to offer social media and digital marketing services.
- Understand who are the likely prospects for social media services and the sectors to be served.
- Apply business-consulting theories to practical marketing campaigns.
- Understand how to deliver social media and digital marketing services to companies.
- Understand how negotiate and offer your social media and digital marketing services.
- Create a plan on how to start your business as a social media consultant.
- Introduction to how to start your social media consultant business.
- Why being a consultant or a freelancer is a big opportunity today.
- Understanding the requirements of going into business.
- How to find clients and new business opportunities.
- How to create effective working habits.
- How to communicate your consultant business effectively online and offline.
- How to scale your business and get more clients.
- How to offer Facebook, YouTube and other services to companies.
- How to create proposals and deliver digital marketing services.
- How to create a promotional plan for your consulting business.
- How to start-up and kick-off your new consulting business.
- Examples and case studies.
- Questions and answers.
Cooperation with the business community
Course includes interviews with Finnish and international consultants who share their best practices and mistakes to avoid.
Course includes case studies and examples of successful social media consultants.
Teaching and learning methods
The course consists of virtual learning (online videos) and independent work.
100% virtual course and students are recommended to create their own study plan in order to complete the course effectively.
More than 50 video tutorials that are inside the course.
Smart Social Media: Your Guide To Becoming A Highly Paid Social Media Manager. Lasse Rouhiainen
Million Dollar Consulting, Alan Weiss
Course assessment is based on:
- Self assessment students complete at the end of the course.
- Quizzes student complete and the end of each topic (5 in total).
- Written plan on how to start your business as a social media consultant.