The course takes the participant to a new level in understanding the culinary business logic and working structure of the professional kitchen.
The course broadens the participant’s views on culinary management and demonstrates what is it like to work in the ever-evolving HoReCa industry. Once the participant is aware of the essentials of culinary management, he/she will have a better understanding of the position of a manager in a professional kitchen.
The participants are expected to watch all the video content under each module, acquaint themselves with additional materials provided, and then take the quizzes. The quiz can be taken 3 times and we recommend that participants watch the videos and practise until they feel they master the topic.
Upon successful completion of the course, the course participants will:
- gain insights into the ever-evolving HoReCa-industry
- understand kitchen management
- understand professional kitchen operations
- get acquainted with the variety of tasks of a head chef
- gain professional advice on how to pursue a career as a manager in a professional kitchen
- understand the basic cooking methods of professional kitchen
- work safely in a professional kitchen
- apply food safety measures when operating in a professional kitchen
Upon successful completion of the course, the course participants will be able to:
- explain the evolution of professional kitchens over the years
- understand the hierarchy of today’s professional kitchen
- create a team working in a professional kitchen
- develop menus and recipes with respect to seasons, diets, availability, and costs
- adopt a safe and hygienic way of working in a professional kitchen
- apply the basic cooking methods of a professional kitchen
This course is feature of Haaga-Helia Online
Haaga-Helia Online offers extensive and in-depth study modules, which include various digital learning materials, assignments, tests and supporting materials. The participants will receive a certificate for every course they complete.
Course material: 43 videos, over 5 hours of video material including theoretical video lessons and practical 360° panorama video lessons on the daily operations of a chef working in a professional kitchen, 2 video interviews available also as podcasts, 8 quizzes. Estimated total study time 54 hours.
Targeted to: this is an introductory course to the fine art of Culinary Management that introduces how a professional kitchen should be managed as well as what life in the professional kitchen really is about. This course also serves well for people already working in a professional kitchen, who wish to broaden their skills and knowledge base.
Price: 200 € (incl. VAT 24%)