Open University of Applied Sciences
Enrolment for new students for the Spring semester starts 4 January 2021 at 9 am. Students, who continue their Open UAS studies, may enrol from 10 December 2020 at 9 am onwards. Course offering for the Spring semester will be published in December.
Studying at the Open UAS is free of charge for those who are unemployed or furloughed without salaries during the Spring semester 2021. The student is required to attach to the enrolment form his/her lay-off or employment relationship termination certificate. A certificate from your local Employment and Economic Development Office (TE Office) is also accepted.
Open UAS studies are
- available for everyone regardless of age, citizenship or educational background
- also available in English and you need to prove your English knowledge
- also courses that are components of Master’s degree programmes and those courses can only be completed at Open UAS by individuals who meet the requirements for Master’s degree programmes (higher degree and two years of work experience after graduating) or who otherwise meet the prerequisites for admission as determined by Haaga-Helia.
- fee-charging courses which meet Haaga-Helia’s degree regulations – courses are the same and teachers are the same as in the degree programmes
- mostly arranged as contact lessons but we also offer online courses and intensive courses (lessons at evening times and weekends)
- not leading directly to a degree, but your studies can be accredited if you later get the admission in a degree programme
- part-time studies and visa or residence permit is not granted solely based on these studies, which are not directly leading to a degree
- not eligible for the state’s student financial aid or student discounts