Enrol as present or absent for the academic year by 8 July 2019, 15.00 Finnish time online in My Studyinfo service (www.studyinfo.fi). You will lose your study right if you do not enrol for the academic year by the deadline. If you are not able to enrol online, please use paper forms which you may request from the UAS.
Students must enrol as present or absent for each academic year. According to the Universities of Applied Sciences Act, a student may enrol as absent for the first academic year only due to legal reasons (Act 932/2014):
- Military service according to the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Women's Voluntary Military Service Act (194/1995) in Finland
- Maternity, paternity or parental leave
- An illness or injury, which prevents you from beginning the studies
You must prove the legal reason for your absence by documents:
- Call-up order (palveluksen aloittamismääräys)
- Kela's certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy. Corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave.
- Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury you suffer from, and that this condition prevents you from beginning your studies. Obstacles caused by the practical arrangements required by the illness or injury: an adequate clarification, e.g. a certificate from the student housing foundation that you are on the waiting list for an apartment required by your injury. Your own notification is not an adequate clarification.
The documents must be submitted in Finnish, Swedish or English. If the legal reason covers only one academic term of the first academic year, you may still enrol as absent for the whole first academic year.
Documents proving legal reasons for absence must be submitted to Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, Admission Services in Pasila campus (Ratapihantie 13, 00520 Helsinki). The documents must reach Haaga-Helia UAS by 12 July 2019, at 15.00 Finnish time at the latest. If you choose to send the documents by email, please take data security issues into consideration.
See contact information at the end of this page.