The pedagogical approach of Porvoo Campus focuses on learning by doing so students are engaged in real life commissioned projects from the beginning of their studies. Commissioners are both domestic and international companies, and projects typically span over one semester. Read more about Porvoo Campus Philosophy.
Incoming exchange students are advised to choose one of the three main blocks presented in the course list as the courses in the blocks are linked and best done together. The rest of the courses can be chosen freely from the list. The student can also choose to only study free choice and advanced studies.
A. Choose a block and add separate courses
B. Choose only separate courses
Course selection guidelines
- Normal course load is 30 ECTS/semester
- Please make sure that your courses do not overlap
- Course enrolment
- Please note that students studying in Porvoo campus, cannot take courses from other campuses, since the distance to Helsinki is 50km. However online courses can be selected also from other campuses.
How to read the course list
- VIR = Virtual/online course. Some of the online courses do not have any contact lessons and therefore there is no timetable in the course list. The lecturers of the online courses will contact the enrolled students via e-mail when the course begins.
- INT= Intensive course. These courses are more intensive than normal courses and they have a special timetable.
Interested in Finnish culture and language?
Welcome to Finland 1, FIN1PO101 - 5 ECTS
This module is a introduction to the Finnish language and society. The module is a part of basic studies in Porvoo Campus competence-based curriculum. It will give a student basic communicative skills in the Finnish language (level A1). The module also includes cultural awareness and knowledge of Finnish study and business styles. Upon completion of the course, the student is able to understand Finnish working life, history and culture on basic level. Also the Finnish lifestyle, customs and manners will become familiar. The course includes a Porvoo tour, museum visits and company visits.
More information: Mari Austin (mari.austin(a)haaga-helia.fi)