Students who wish to apply for student exchange to Haaga-Helia have to be selected by their home institution as an exchange student to Haaga-Helia. Please note that only students from our partner institutions with which we have a student exchange agreement are eligible to apply.
Exchange students are expected to have a good command of spoken and written English in order to be able to follow the lectures and complete the course assignments, oral presentations and exams. Applicants should have language skills at level B2 in understanding, speaking and writing. If student’s language skills are below this level, the selection of courses in which the student can participate is very limited. Language tests are not required from exchange students applying to Haaga-Helia.
- Students who apply for student exchange to Haaga-Helia have to be nominated by their home university as an exchange student to Haaga-Helia by the application deadline. Nomination instructions will be emailed to all partner universities before the application period starts. Due to the large number of applicants we do not accept nominations by email. We do not accept student exchange applicants after the application deadline.
- After you have been selected by your home university for student exchange at Haaga-Helia, please register and log into Haaga-Helia Incoming Student Exchange Portal to fill in the online Incoming Student Exchange Application Form. The application for spring semester 2018 finished 1 November 2017. Please note that in the next application round (1 April - 1 May 2018) you can only apply for autumn term 2018. Application for spring term 2019 will be available here in October 2018.
- When registering to the portal, please note that your password must include at least: 8 characters, 1 special character, 1 digit.
- Make sure that you write your email correctly when registering, so that you will get the confirmation to complete the registering.
- Do not use Hotmail email address for registering, because automatic emails do not always reach Hotmail addresses.
- If you did not get the automatic confirmation email to complete the registering after you registered to the system, please check your email's trash box if it is there.
- Please use Firefox Mozilla as your browser when filling in the application! We cannot guarantee that the application form works correctly with other browsers!
- If you forget you password, you can retrieve it through the system automatically.
- Please note that the application system might be slow at times.
- If you have other technical problems, please contact us at exch(at)haaga-helia.fi.
- Attach an official signed and stamped copy of your transcript of records (in English) (in PDF format only) and photo (JPG format only) to the online application.
- Non-EU/EEA citizens also need to attach a copy of their passport to the online application (if you do not have a valid passport yet, email a copy to Haaga-Helia international Services later).
- No other attachments are needed! Please do not email/mail the application or the attachments to Haaga-Helia International Services, except your passport copy, if you did not attach it to the online application.
- Acceptance information for students who will start their studies at Haaga-Helia in the autumn term will be emailed to all applicants in May, and for students who will start their studies in the spring term in November.
- Residence permit invitation will be emailed and mailed to non-EU/EEA citizens after their acceptance.
- Autumn term: 1 May
- Spring term: 1 November
Important to Note
- Late applications will not be processed.
- Students studying Business or Tourism can be placed to Helsinki or the Porvoo campus. This applies to all business and tourism applicants!
- Information for students who want to apply to Haaga-Helia as degree students is available under Education.
- Your departmental contact person at Haaga-Helia will be informed to you after the application round has ended.
If you have any further questions regarding the application process, please contact us at exch(a)haaga-helia.fi.