Information for new degree students
Welcome to start your studies at Haaga-Helia!
On these pages, we have collected all of the important material that you will need when starting your studies at Haaga-Helia. Read more information about accepting your study place and enrolling for the academic year, check the programme for the compulsory orientation days (evenings for Master's degree students) and find other useful information.
You will receive an email with a link to the admission results letter when all the results of joint application have been published. If you have access to the My Studyinfo service (Finnish social security number and online banking codes with e-identification enabled, mobile certificate or an electronic ID-card needed), you can also access your results letter there. If you need a separate acceptance letter, please contact Study Services. Contact information can be found below.
Please note that after you receive your study offer, you will be invited to offer-holder information webinars and Haaga-Helia’s Howspace platform (bachelor degree students). We will also invite new bachelor degree students to use the Goin´ to Haaga-Helia app, which allows you to connect with other new students and your classmates before the start of your studies.
Your right to study as degree student at Haaga-Helia will start in August 2023.
Degree students who have enrolled as present for the autumn 2023 semester must pay a compulsory student healthcare fee by 30 September 2023.
Orientation for Bachelor's degree students
The information on the Orientation Days below concerns Bachelor’s degree students only. For information on the orientation evenings for Master’s degree students, please visit "Welcome new Master’s students" website.
The studies are kicked off on the Orientation Days/Evenings in week 33 and attending is compulsory.
- orientation to studies at Haaga-Helia UAS
- meeting other students from your study group
- hearing the best practices from tutors/alumnis
- getting to know your own Guidance Counsellor
- getting familiar with the digital tools needed during studies
- registration for the courses of the first semester
In case you cannot participate in the Orientation Days/Evenings, please contact the Study Services of your own campus. Contact information at the bottom of this page.
Orientation days for students starting their bachelor studies in autumn 2023
The orientation days for students starting their studies in Haaga-Helia's bachelor degree programmes in autumn 2023 are mainly organized during week 33 (between 14th and 18th of August 2023). The degree programme specific timetables and programmes for the orientation days will be published on this page in June 2023. Below you will find all the information available at this moment.
- Journalismi, Pasila, 15.–18.8. klo 9–16
- Tietojenkäsittely, päivä, Pasila, 16.–18.8. klo 9–16
- Business Information Technology, Pasila, 15.—17.8. at 9:00–16:00
- International Business (full-time studies), Pasila, 15.–18.8. at 9:00–17:00
- International Business (blended learning), Pasila, 16.–17.8. at 17:40–20:30
- Liiketalous, päivä, Malmi ja Pasila, 15.–17.8. klo 9–16
- Liiketalous, monimuoto, Pasila, 15.–17.8. klo 17–20:30
- Liiketalous, päivä, Porvoo, 16.–18.8. klo 9–16
- Liiketalous, monimuoto, Porvoo, 14.–16.8. klo 17–20
- Aviation Business, Porvoo, 16.–18.8.
- Digital Business Innovations, Porvoo, 16.–18.8.
- Hospitality and Tourism Experience Management, Haaga, 14.–16.8. at 9:00–16:00
- Restonomi, ruokatuotanto RESRU, päivä, Haaga, 16.–18.8. klo 9–16
- Restonomi, RESTO, päivä, Haaga, 16.–18.8. klo 9–16
- Restonomi, RESTO, monimuoto, Haaga, 14.–16.8 klo 9–16
- Restonomi, RESTO, päivä, Porvoo, 16.–18.8. klo 9–16
- Restonomi, RESTO, monimuoto, Porvoo, 14.–16.8. klo 9–16
- Liikunnanohjaaja, monimuoto, Tampere, 21.–24.8. (vko 34)
- Liikunnanohjaaja, monimuoto, Pasila, 6.–8.9. (vko 36)
- Liikunnanohjaaja, päivä, Vierumäki, 14.–18.8.
- Sport Coaching and Management, COACH, Vierumäki, 14.–18.8.
Please note that attending in the Orientation Days/Evenings is compulsory.
Please note that after the official program of the orientation days, several student organizations also organize a voluntary program for new students.
Are you a new international degree student who is moving to Finland to start your studies at Haaga-Helia? If yes, you are warmly invited to the Welcome to Finland event. The event is organized on 14th of august between 09:00 and 16:00 and it covers:
- Essential registrations
- Health and safety
- Bank accounts
- Useful local apps
- Employment in Finland
This event is most useful to those international students who have not previously lived in Finland.
Introduction to Digital Learning Environments course
Bachelor degree students starting their studies in autumn 2023 will learn about Haaga-Helia’s electronic systems in the Introduction to Digital Learning course. This online course will be your first online learning experience, and it needs to be completed already during the first Orientation Week. It is recommendable that you take part in this course if you are not familiar with Haaga-Helia’s electronic systems. In this course, you will learn about Haaga-Helia's electronic systems, which will help you to cope with future courses. At the same time, you will practice online learning and independent work. More information about this course during the Orientation Days.
- Open Moodle in your browser and log in with the Haaga-Helia domain and password you received by e-mail and text message.
- Click "Site Home" from the menu on the left.
- In the Search courses section, type "Introduction to Digital Learning Environments".
- When you find the right implementation, click on its name and enter "digistart" in the Enrolment key field.
- Click "Enrol me" in the course area.
- Complete the course on your own.
To begin their studies at Haaga-Helia, students must identify themselves. You will receive instructions for the identification via email. Please make sure to keep up with the given schedule. If you have not received the email, please check your junk mail. You will receive your Haaga-Helia username and password after you have identified yourself. More information about electronic identification.
To join the autumn semester 2023 on-campus studies, it would be desirable to be present on August 21st, 2023 when contact lessons begin. It is required to be present at Haaga-Helia Campus on September 4th, 2023 at the latest. After this, the next possibility to join contact lessons is in January 2024. If you receive your student residence permit after September 4th, 2023 you will continue your studies online until end of the autumn semester. Online studies, which are virtual courses, will start early September. You will receive further information about our comprehensive online courses in the end of August 2023 via email.
Support for students
As a student of Haaga-Helia, you will be supported throughout your studies and you get to enjoy several student benefits. Your student card will give you access to various student discounts: lunch, sports and public transportation among others.
As a degree student, you will be entitled to use Finnish Student Health Services. Note that the healthcare fee must be paid to Kela (the Social Insurance Institution of Finland) by 30 September 2023. Exchange students and open university students are not entitled to use FSHS services and thus, are not liable to pay the fee.
Haaga-Helia's Student Union Helga is a community and a safety net for students: Helga is your very own voice, an advocate of interests, and a service provider. Helga develops the student culture in Haaga-Helia and takes care that every student is welcomed into the community. Coveralls, tutors, and events are the most visible part of operations – in the background, Helga works continuously around subjects that concern higher education and municipal politics as well as security in students’ personal finances and other social questions in order to guarantee you the best study experience.