(Note! Requirements for Open Master-level studies below)
Students must meet language requirements for enrolling in Bachelor’s programmes:
- IELTS score academic level 6,0 or
- TOEFL score 79-80 internet-based test or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic 51) or
- Cambridge ESOL's Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) CEFR level C1 or
- Cambridge ESOL's Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) CEFR level C1 or
- skills level 4 in English in all parts (English communicative oral skills, reading comprehension, and writing) in the Finnish National Certificate of Language Proficiency.
All certificates are valid for two years, except The Finnish National Certificate of Language Proficiency, Cambridge ESOL's Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), and Cambridge ESOL's Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) which do not have a set date of validity. TOEFL score results are only accepted directly from the Educational Testing Service. The TOEFL code of Haaga-Helia is 5716. For IELTS, students can either write down the TRF number or attach the IELTS certificate copy to the enrollment form.
Please check from the following pages when you can take the next IELTS or TOEFL language test in Finland:
As the Pearson Test of English (Academic) is a paperless test, only scores accessed via the Score Report Website are considered to be valid. Remember to make your test available for Haaga-Helia UAS through the online account. For more information, please visit the Pearson PTE website.
In addition, the below certificates are also accepted as a demonstration of sufficient English language skills at Haaga-Helia Open University:
- grade C in the Finnish matriculation examination in advanced level English (IB-examination grade 4 completed in Finland, Reifeprüfung –examination grade 7 completed in Finland or EB-examination grade 6.00-6.95) or
- Finnish AICE Certificate or
- upper secondary level school education in English completed in Great Britain, Ireland, the United States, Canada, Australia or New Zealand or
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree completed in English in Great Britain, Ireland, the United States, Canada, Australia or New Zealand or
- Bachelor's or Master's degree conducted in English in a European Union/European Economic Area country
- Student certificate and transcript of record, which certify that the student is studying/ has studied as a degree student in a degree program in English at a Finnish University of Applied Sciences or University.