Students with a valid study right at the Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences can book and take electronic exams that are related to courses they are completing.
Before entering the exam room your identity is verified.
You leave your personal belongings in a locker (see "Taking an exam") noticing that you can not take books, papers, note-making supplies, phones, or other material in the exam room. If you choose not to follow these rules, it is considered as violation of Exam rules and if known before the exam, a valid reason not to let you enter the Exam room. Violation of Exam rules may result failing Exam. This applies also for talking with other students during exam and leaving Exam room even if for few minutes during exam.
If teachers decide to have an 'open book' exam, they should rather arrange the exam in another classroom or in Moodle.
Read exam instructions carefully before the exam and prepare to follow them during the exam.
Exam facilities have recording video surveillance. If you do not follow exam instructions you may fail your exam.
Your teachers can give you more information about electronic examinations at Haaga-Helia. You can also contact email@example.com.
Booking or canceling an exam
- You can book or cancel your exam at https://exam.haaga-helia.fi (log in using your Haaga-Helia username and password without myy.haaga-helia.fi).
- Reservation can be made 30 days in advance at the earliest.
- If it is difficult to concentrate in exam room you can book exam to Malmi campus, there are noise headphones available. In Pasila campus students with individualized report by special needs teacher can borrow headphones from Pasila library (for exam day).
Examination facilities and opening hours at Haaga-Helia
Due to the coronavirus situation (COVID-19) Exam facilities are for time being open as follows:
- Haaga campus library, Pajuniityntie 11 (Nuijamiestentie 10),
Mon 11 am - 3 pm, Tue 12 pm - 3 pm, Wed-Fri 11 am - 3 pm (2 computers)
- Malmi campus library, room 208, Hietakummuntie 1 A, 2nd floor,
Mon 11 am - 3 pm, Tue 12 pm - 3 pm, Wed 10 am - 3 pm, Thu 12 pm - 3 pm and Fri 10 am - 3 pm (2 computers)
- Pasila campus, room 1K006, Ratapihantie 13, floor K1,
Mon 9 am - 3 pm, Tue 12 pm - 9 pm, Wed - Fri 9 am - 9 pm and Sat 9 am - 3 pm (13 computers).
Campus front door open: Mon-Fri 7.30 am - 8 pm, Sat 8 am - 4 pm. If door is locked, ring the doorbell.
- Porvoo campus, room 2221, Taidetehtaankatu 1, 2nd floor,
Mon 9 am - 3 pm, Tue 12 pm - 6 pm, Wed - Thu 9 am - 6 pm and Fri 9 am - 3 pm (4 computers)
During holidays Exam opening hours depend on the campus opening hours (Pasila , Porvoo) and library opening hours (Haaga, Malmi).
Checking-in and verification of identity
Arrive well in advance before your exam and check-in at:
- Pasila and Porvoo campus info desk
- Haaga and Malmi campus library customer service desk
Without an identity card, you are not allowed to take the exam.
- Recognised documents proving your identity are an identification card with a photograph (valid passport or Finnish identification card with photograph issued by the police), Finnish Driving Licence (also mobile driving license), Finnish KELA card with a photograph, EU/ETA country Identity Card
- A photograph of your passport is not a valid document to prove your identity
If you notice that your exam is on another campus, try to cancel and rebook the exam.
Taking an exam
- Before entering the exam room, leave your personal belongings such as your outer garments, bag, phone, computer/tablet, etc. in a locker or place indicated by staff. Only a drinking bottle or a handkerchief is allowed, which means also no coffee or sweets, etc. If you have special needs, ask instructions by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org before exam. If instructions are not followed you might fail your exam.
- Instructions for the most typical issues are found nearby the computer. Read instructions found in exam rooms
- Start your computer and wait patiently for Firefox to open automatically.
- Notice. Close Notification window "We can't sign in to your account" (see exam instructions page 1).
- Use Haaga-Helia's username and password to log in to your exam. If you have difficulties to remember your password change your password before your enter exam room.
- You can take the exam only at the time you reserved and on the computer reserved for you (informed when booking the exam). You cannot start the exam earlier even if your exam computer is available.
- The exam will close automatically when the time reserved for the exam ends, so occasionally check the time remaining on the exam browser.
- Visio problem: When saving Blank Drawing document program crashes. "Basic Diagram" document works fine.
- Exam computers do not have Internet connection.
- Office spelling check is not available.
- Remember to attach any files needed for your exam in time or you may have to retake the exam.
- You may not leave the exam room during an exam and come back. Exception, in case of a fire alarm please leave the exam room immediately.
- There is no technical support available during the exam. If any problems occur after starting your computer try restarting. Otherwise, refer to the instructions in the exam room.
- If your examination is prevented or disturbed due to technical or other problems, discontinue the examination, shut down the computer, and exit the exam room. All problems will be handled afterward. Report event immediately by emailing your teacher and email@example.com.
- Please avoid fragrances in the exam room.
- Shut down the computer after your exam to avoid someone taking advantage of your answers.
- Remember to return any keys given prior exam.
- Once your teacher has evaluated your exam, you will be notified by email. If you have received feedback, you'll find it on Exam.
- In addition to the actual examination, you may book two separate retakes of the same exam (except for demonstration of skills, which can only be taken once).
If you discontinue an exam or do not show up and don't cancel your reservation, it is also considered a retake. After two retakes, another retake is possible only with the permission of the teacher.