Combine business with IT
The Degree Programme in Business Information Technology provides students with practical professional Business IT skills combined with an extensive theoretical base.
We offer to our students courses on the most interesting areas of current IT education. The areas are
- Digital services
- Software engineering
- ICT-infrastructures and IT security
- Business development and Business IT solutions.
In addition, studies typically include content and practical application arranged in co-operation with partnering IT and other companies. This collaboration with both local and international companies is an integral part of the programme and enables students to learn the skills and acquire the experience to work in multicultural teams and on multinational projects.
Career plans that include the development of entrepreneurship, and sales and service abilities are strongly supported. Furthermore, the programme offers general courses enhancing other skills required to successfully work in a business environment. These skills are related to areas such as team work, communication, and the ability to work independently.
Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration (tradenomi) 210 ECTS
Campus: Helsinki, Pasila
Full-time studies that begin in January 2020
- The application period with entrance examination: 4 to 19 September 2019 at 15.00 (UTC/GMT +2) (application with entrance examination)
- Entrance examination 9 October 2019 in Pasila, Helsinki, Finland, and also in Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Application information on studyinfo.fi
- The application period with SAT scores 1 August to 15 October 2019 at 15.00 (UTC/GMT +2)
- Application information on Haaga-Helia's webpage
- Application information and application form on studyinfo.fi
- Application statistics
From student to entrepreneur – Konstantinos Karatsevidis, founder and CEO of Eve-Tech Oy
When Konstantinos Karatsevidis embarked on his studies at Haaga-Helia, he had no plans to start his own business. However, life took a surprising turn for the Greek-Ukrainian student: Konstantinos now runs his own company making smart devices alongside his studies.
Konstantinos has had an interest in IT and business since he was at school in Ukraine. After upper secondary school, he decided to look for a study place abroad. He had been interested in Finland ever since visiting the country as a child. Finnish mythology was not the only thing that captured his imagination.
"Finland and the Finnish education system enjoy a good reputation in Ukraine, although I did consider other options, too. In the end, I chose Finland and Haaga-Helia because of that reputation," says Konstantinos. Read more here >>
See also Konstantinos's video interview.