Haaga-Helia's common Key Competencies include:
- Professional Communication
- Customer Insight and Marketing
- ICT Competencies
- Customer Experience and Sales
- Team Work and Project Management
- Research and Development Skills
- Basics of Financial Management
- Entrepreneurship and Business Operations
The Haaga-Helia Key Competencies, which are compulsory for all Haaga-Helia degrees, can largely be demonstrated virtually without visiting the campus. Each course has its own method of demonstration, which can be for example a presentation, video, essay, group work, exam, interview, or a combination of these.
How to proceed:
- Use the links above to find out more about the learning outcomes of the courses and compare your own competencies to them.
- If you wish, you can take a competency assessment, in which you evaluate your own competencies in relation to the learning objectives of the course.
- Once you have enough knowledge to demonstrate a course, log in the Moodle page and follow the instructions. You can access the Moodle page with the course key: RPL)
Note! If you do not yet have a Haaga-Helia student ID, you must register as an Open University of Applied Sciences student (When you register, you pay the Open University od Applied Sciences student fee of 150€. This entitles you to do as much demonstrations as you want during the semester). Once you have your student ID, you can log in to Moodle.
- Once you have completed the demonstration, the credits will be recorded for you according to the timetable given in the demonstration instructions.