Master info letter October 2022
In this info letter you will find information about topical issues for Master students.
Guidance Counsellors for Spesialisations
We are happy to announce that we have got new team members and we are able to reorganise our team structure. The Guidance Counsellor is determined by the specialisation, please check your new (or old) Guidance Counsellor below:
COM - Communication and Marketing Management Hanna Rajalahti
DIG - Information Services and Systems Sanna Heiniö
ICT - Digital Business Opportunities Sanna Heiniö
ENT - Entrepreneurial Business Management Sanna Heiniö
EXP - Experience Economy and Designing Services Sakariina Heikkanen
LEA - Leadership and Human Resource Management (Pasila) Janne Mertala
SAL - Leading Sales and Customer Experience Laura Hekko
STR - Strategic Thinking and Management Sakariina Heikkanen
AVBUM (programme) Janne Mertala
STROME & STROM (programmes) Sakariina Heikkanen
LEA - Leadership and Human Resource Management Porvoo (Programme) Laura Hekko (S22 students) and Sanna Heiniö
Study Coach Service available for students
Study coaching is intended for Haaga-Helia students whose absorption in studies has begun to weaken. The study coach offers guidance and support for promoting studies and coping with studies, read more at: https://www.haaga-helia.fi/en/wellbeing
Study Services offer online customer service
All Haaga-Helia students can get study advice via Zoom. Our Study Advisors are available online mainly every Tuesday and Thursday at 12 pm – 3 pm, and on Wednesdays at 9 am – 12 pm. You can find the link to the Zoom meeting from Peppi student's desktop. https://www.haaga-helia.fi/en/study-services
The following courses offered on the second period still have open places
- Luovan suunnittelun ja tuotannon johtaminen COM4HM006-3003 – Intensiivi
- Leading Creative Planning and Production COM4HM106-3003 – Intensive
- Emerging Technology Opportunities DIG4HM104-3004 - Nonstop virtual
- Artificial Intelligence in Modern Business DIG4HM106-3007 – Virtual
- Brand Experience Development EXP4HM103-3005 – Contact evening
- The Fundamentals of Circular Economy in Hospitality EXP4HM111-3001 - Nonstop virtual
- Johtajuuden peilit LEA4HM003-3007 - Online ilta HUOM! Muutettu online-toteutukseksi
- Työntekijäkokemuksesta työnantajabrändiin LEA4HM004-3011 - Online ilta
- Tietoinen johtaja LEA4HM005-3013 - Online ilta
- Reflective Leadership LEA4HM103-3004 – Virtual
- Conscious Leader LEA4HM105-3005 - Online evening
- Evolving Organisations ORD2HM101-3017 - Contact evening
- Learning Culture in Organisations ORD2HM102-3017 – Virtual
- Acting as Coach and Facilitator ORD2HM103-3011 – Intensive
- Organisaatiot muutoksessa ORG2HM001-3021 – Intensiivi
- Oppimista edistävä organisaatio ORG2HM002-3016 - Kontakti ilta
- Coaching ja fasilitoinnin taito ORG2HM003-3019 – Intensive
- Coaching ja fasilitoinnin taito ORG2HM003-3020 - Kontakti ilta
- Kiertotalouden liiketoiminnan ja palveluiden kehittäminen OTH8HM005-3002 – Blended
- Data Analytics RDI2HM102-3012 – Contact evening
- Asiakaspolun kehittäminen ja asiakaskokemuksen johtaminen SAL4HM003-3010 - Kontakti ilta
- Developing Sales Oriented Organisation SAL4HM102-3004 - Blended evening
- Talouden johtaminen strategiatyössä STR4HM005-3006 - Kontakti ilta
- Strategy in Practice STR4HM102-3013 - Virtual
Enrollment is open until October 21 till 4 p.m. The course schedules can be found at the timetable machine (Lukkarikone).
If you for some reason are not able to attend a course please remember always cancel your participation either yourself (you can cancel enrollment yourself in your IPS if the teacher has not accepted you yet) or directly to the teacher if your enrollment has already been accepted.
Master seminars for the specialisations
the specialisations’ Master seminars are a terrific opportunity for getting acquainted and networking with other students. You can also get ideas and support for starting your own thesis at these events.
The last seminar for the fall of 2022 is:
Thu November 17, 17 o’clock in Pasila in Finnish
Please note: The seminars for Strategising in Organisations students will be held online on the dates and times above.
The Master seminars for the Sustainable Aviation Business students have a different schedule:
Thu October 13, 17.40 o'clock
Tue November 22. 17.40 o'clock
The Thesis work should be started at the beginning of the third semester i.e. second study year the latest. You can find support and information at https://www.haaga-helia.fi/en/thesis-masters-degree and on the Applied Design Research course.
Master Thesis workshops are available every semester and are open to all students. The topics, schedule and enrollment instructions can be found at https://www.haaga-helia.fi/en/thesis-masters-degree under Thesis workshops.
Book tip: Methods for Development Work
Those students who work or plan to work on their Master thesis please check out this new book which supports all the materials in Applied Design Research course:
Speak up, speak out…join in International Student Barometer
Haaga-Helia will soon pilot the International Student Barometer survey (ISB). ISB is used by institutions the world over to improve the student experience. International degree students will receive a link to the ISB survey on Wednesday 26th October 2022. ISB will ask the targeted students to evaluate their studies, teaching, guidance, student life, the study environment, and the services offered by Haaga-Helia.
- The link will be sent to your Haaga-Helia e-mail address (first name.last name(at)myy.haaga-helia.fi).
- International(at)haaga-helia.fi will be displayed as the sender.
- International Student Barometer will be stated in the message header.
We urge you to join in collective voice of students. Participating students will be entered into a prize drawn and the winner will receive a pair of Wiesendahl Dualtone W80 headphones.
Commercial and International Services will ensure that the results from the survey will be carefully analysed, distributed and utilized in Haaga-Helia. Let us hear your views!
Career Service webinars and Zoom sessions on better self-knowledge
https://www.haaga-helia.fi/en/career-planning services are available for you during your study time. Please check the self-learning materials and upcoming webinars at the JobTeaser service. Here is a tip of a webinar about time management (in Finnish):
Rento rullaus - 7 askelta hyvään ajankäyttöön ja hyviin tuloksiin Ti 24.10 klo 15-16
Zoom sessions on discovering one’s own strengths and better self-knowledge Wednesday mornings will continue in the fall (in Finnish): https://www.haaga-helia.fi/fi/ajankohtaista/tapahtumat/zoom-keskustelusessiot-omien-vahvuuksien-kartoittamiseen-ja