Haaga-Helia's policies until the end of autumn semester 2021
Haaga-Helia's management team has stated that it will continue to strive to normalize its operations to the best of its ability, taking into account national regulations and the regulations and instructions of the authorities. Students will be instructed mainly through Mynet, which is why we recommend actively following the site. Updated information can be found in Coronainfo and news headlines marked with a date.
Activities on campuses
From the beginning of the second period, we want to offer contact teaching opportunities widely to all students to ensure their smooth progress of studies, and their grouping and well-being.
In teaching, the majority of the implementations will be offered as contact teaching. Some of the courses can also take the form of online teaching and a combination of distance and distance learning.
Policies related to studies and students
- The primary goal is to ensure a safe and healthy study and work environment for the members of our university community.
- General assembly restrictions do not apply to the teaching and other statutory activities of educational institutions.
- Students at risk should avoid close contact during an epidemic and are therefore not recommended to participate in contact teaching. (THL: Risk groups for severe coronavirus disease)
- Organizing exams: on campus, in Exam, or online.
- The thesis process and related supervision tasks are organized in face-to-face meetings and/or online.
- Student welfare services are provided either on-campus or online.
- Events can be organized on campuses if they are possible according to the instructions of the authorities and other safety instructions are followed.
Safety instructions on campuses
- No one is allowed to enter the campuses when sick or experiencing symptoms.
- Everyone who works on campus, including those who have been vaccinated, should follow good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- The use of face masks is strongly recommended.
- Disposable face masks are available for both staff and students at information points, janitors, and staff facilities.
Services and facilities on campuses
- Libraries are open on campuses.
- Computer classes on campuses are available.
- Student services, IT services, etc. are open with limited services on campuses and also online.
- Restaurant and café operations are open on campuses. There is no unified policy for lunch, as the restaurants decide their own operations. Check out your campus lunch options and possible staggered lunchtimes on the restaurant’s own website.
Student exchanges and work-related travel abroad
- Students’ and staff members’ work or study-related travel abroad might be carried out taking into consideration the national and international safety instructions.
- Long-term student mobility (exchange and work placement): we welcome exchange students at Haaga-Helia and Haaga-Helia’s degree students can also go on an exchange if the coronavirus situation and travel instructions from the authorities allow it.
- When traveling, the current recommendations of the Finnish government and the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) on countries to which it is currently safe to travel must be followed. A risk assessment must be made before the trip.
- Visits to Haaga-Helia from abroad may be considered, taking into account national and international travel and security regulations.
- Any quarantine regulations must be followed.
- We encourage staff and students to obtain recommended vaccinations as soon as possible. More information about the vaccines can be found on the THL website, which can be accessed via this link: https://thl.fi/en/web/thlfi-en/-/thl-recommends-that-all-who-travel-abroad-should-get-full-vaccine-protection-against-coronavirus-before-travel
In all our decision-making, we follow the regulations and instructions of the authorities and carry out a risk-based assessment of the prevailing conditions and change the guidelines as necessary.
Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences will continue intensified cleaning, in connection with which cleaners will wipe the tables daily in both work and study spaces. In addition, enhanced cleaning of sanitary facilities on campuses will also be continued.
However, everyone must keep in mind that the responsibility for our safety lies first and foremost with ourselves.
Read more about protection against the coronavirus on THL's website: https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases-and-vaccinations/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates/transmission-and-protection-coronavirus