From this page, you will find information on how to enroll in courses if you are coming to Haaga-Helia as an exchange student.
Before enrolling to courses
Before you can enroll for courses you have to check that you have receive your username and password for the Haaga-Helia system.
- You should have verified your identity in the Fully verified system. More info can be found in your acceptance email.
- After successfully verifying your identity you will receive your username by email and password by text message. Please note that there may be a few days delay in between. If you have not receive your username and password a week before the enrollment starts please contact email@example.com.
- After you have received the username and password you will have to fill in the study agreement to activate your username and password. After this wait a few hours before login in to the system.
Haaga-Helia uses strong authentication, which can be done via text message, phone call or Authenticator app. The setup will launch automatically when you’re signing in for the first time to Peppi at student.home.haaga-helia.fi
Fill in your Haaga-Helia email address and your password. The email must be in username format (DO NOT USE firstname.lastname@example.org).
Instructions can be found here: https://www.haaga-helia.fi/sites/default/files/file/2021-01/setting-up-multi-factor-authentication.pdf
You can then login to Peppi, where you enroll for courses and access your Haaga-Helia email.
1. Find courses
- Check the course list for your campus (check your campus from your acceptance letter). See Courses for exchange students.
- You can also find the course lists from our Study Guide under Elective Course Offering and Free Choice Courses -> Exchange studies at Haaga-Helia.
- Please note that if a course has several implementations exchange students can only choose implementations with the code EXCH.
2. Check the timetable for the courses
- Check the timetables for the courses you want to do at the Haaga-Helia timetable tool. The timetables are only published a week before the enrollment starts
- In the timetable tool go to the left toolbar and select Search: By group ID, put in EXCH in the search field and click search.
- Go to the top toolbar on the top and select "Office" (your home campus): Pasila or Haaga or Porvoo
- Select "Study starting": Next autumn/spring
Note! You can also search directly with the course code
Students in Pasila and Malmi: The search tool shows max 100 courses. If you cant find the course you are looking for, search for the course directly in the search field
By clicking on the + you can ad courses to your timetable and se that they fit and that there is no overlapping. You can only save if you have logged in.
PLEASE NOTE! Do not select language! All EXCH courses are taught in English.
3. Enrol for your courses
You do not have to send a request for course approval in Peppi, the enrolment system. After you have enrolled for courses you can send your learning agreement for approval.
- First login to Peppi once course enrolment opens: student.home.haaga-helia.fi
- Go to ISP and choose Enrolments.
- Search for your courses with the course code. Make sure to use the whole code, for example IBU1LF103-3027.
- Once you have found the course, click Enroll.
- Repeat until you have enrolled for all your courses.
You can find instructions with screenshots in Peppi below (requires login with Haaga-Helia credentials, change language to English from the upper right corner).
Learning agreement is a contract between the exchange student, the student's home institution and Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences. It ensures that the exchange studies at Haaga-Helia will be recognised at the student's home institution. You can use your home institution's learning agreement or Haaga-Helia's form available below.
Please fill in the learning agreement only after you have registered for the courses in the Peppi system. You can also bring the learning agreement with you to the orientation for signing.
Transcript of records (list of grades)
You can Download your official electronic transcript of records (list of grades and completed courses) from Peppi > My Studies > Certificates for Student up to a month after you have finished your exchange.
We are using an electronic transcript of records. The electronic transcript of records is a PDF document equipped with a digital signature to confirm their authenticity and integrity. The digital signature replaces handwritten signatures and stamps. Electronic documents are official only in their digital form and not as paper-printed copies. They cannot be modified, as any change made to the file invalidates the digital signature.
Haaga-Helia does not send transcripts of records to exchange students or to their home universities anymore. The students are responsible for downloading the transcripts of records themselves.
The electronic transcript/certificate should be a valid alternative in all situations where signed and stamped paper documents are used. In case a stamped and signed version of the transcript is needed this can be requested separately from exch(a)haaga-helia.fi.