Extent: 5 ECTS (135 h)
Timing: semester 2
Level: Advanced Professional Studies
Upon successful completion of the course, the students will understand
- the various dimensions of international human resource and talent management.
- how the business strategy and the HR strategy are linked together.
- the global and local perspectives in talent management.
- the main HR processes to support the talent management.
- the future of talent management.
- how they can in any position contribute to the talent management in their companies.
The goal of the course is to learn about Human Resource and Talent management in order to understand and successfully contribute to their company’s future challenges in these matters.
- Strategic human resource management linked to company strategy
- HRM today and challenges for the future
- Talent Management
- Global HRM linked to local HRM
- HRM/Talent Management main processes
- Resourcing (internal and external) (incl. expat matters)
- Performance management
- Succession and career planning
- Compensation and benefits
- How the future might look – how to win “The War for Talent”
Teaching and learning methods
Contact hours and presentations 18 h
Independent studies and own case work 62 h
The assessment of one’s own learning 1 h
Accreditation of prior learning (APL)
Accreditation of prior learning (APL) is observed on the course according to separate instructions.
Johanna Saarinen, Pasila
Lecture materials and assigned articles
Other materials assigned by the teacher
Active participation of the contact hours 50%
Self-reflective paper 10%
Reading summaries, individual assignments 40%
The assessment of one's own learning does not influence the course grade. The assignment is the same for all courses/modules and the answers will also be used for course/module development. The assignment is completed on an E-form.