Extent: 9 ECTS
On successful completion of this module, the student:
- is able to run profitable, target-oriented co-operation with stakeholders
- can plan and execute co-marketing, co-selling and distribution optimization
- applies branding, quality, sustainability and technological innovations to increase destination competitiveness
- analyses present tourism field schema and creates new business opportunities within and outside the network, with special focus on customer
- is able to take advantage of many-sided information sources
The module addresses the following topics:
- co-operation with public and private stakeholders
- building strategic partnerships
- co-selling and co-marketing
- optimizing distribution
- risk and quality management
- corporate responsibility
Cooperation with the business community and other organisations
Teaching and learning methods
Lectures, workshops, tutorials, field work / project work
The own learning assessment 1 h
Recognition of Prior Learning (in Finnish AHOT)
Prior studies and skills may be recognized for this module. Higher education studies (from universities and universities of applied sciences) compatible with the degree are validated through credit transfer. Whereas informal and non-formal learning and skills may be recognized by the individual learning diary/portfolio. Skills acquired may result e.g. from work experience, in-company training, self-directed studies or other activities.
Teacher/s with the main responsibility for the course
The own learning assessment assignment does not impact your grade. The assignment is the same for all courses/modules and your answers will be used also for course/module development. The assignment is completed online in WinhaOpaali.
- The student has a weak ability to recognise potential business opportunities.
- The student has a weak ability to recognise factors for destination competitiveness
- The student can mostly utilize travel and tourism related information sources.
- The student has a good ability to recognise potential business opportunities.
- The student has a good ability to assess factors for destination competitiveness.
- The student has a quite comprehensive ability to take advantage of many-sided information sources.
- The student has a strong ability to recognise potential business opportunities.
- The student is able to develop new viewpoints for destination competitiveness.
- The student can skilfully think out of the box and innovatively utilize many-sided sources and networks.