Scope: 3 credits
Timing: 1st academic year
Level: Basic studies
Upon completion of the course students:
• Understand key concepts for the creation of presentations
• Have command of the various software/online presentation options
• Can develop and give presentations in front of a live audience
• Are familiar with video presentations or CVs created by mobile phones
• Microsoft Office Word & Powerpoint
• Prezi and other online animation techniques
• Presentation one on one evaluations
• Tutorial about common fears of live presentations
• Basics of mobile phone video taping
Starting level and linkage with other courses
No previous studies needed and no binding connections to other courses.
The course is evaluated on a scale excellent (5), very good (4), good (3), satisfactory (2), fair (1), fail (0). The assessment criteria is presented on a scale 1 - 3 - 5.
Participation in class and completion of final presentation.
Active participation in class exercises and completion of final presentation according to some of the stated instructions.
Above plus final presentation is performed in a confident, professional and convincing manner. The presentation’s content also demonstrates the student’s understanding of the topic and its presented in a way that keeps the audiences attention. Student has also completed a video CV ad has had a one on one evaluation of their presentation style.
Presentations are developed and evaluated with a global audience in mind.
Lectures, in class and homework exercises and assignments, and video evaluations
Assessing one’s own learning is a compulsory part of the course.