Scope: 3 ECTS (81 h)
Timing: semesters 4 - 7
Curriculum: GLOBBA 09
Course level: Free-choice Studies
Course type: free-choice
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
- is familiar with the methods for analysing self and employers needs
- is able to assess job advertisements
- has strategic thinking for Marketing brand “Me” to potential employers
- has a holistic view of the hiring process
- understands the strategy to employability
- manages career and personal development planning
- getting to know your Marketability: competencies, behavioural traits & transferrable skills
- finding a job and company he/she would like to work for /& understand career options
- writing targeted CVs and cover letters
- interview process
- market brand ME in social media (LinkedIn)
Recognising and validating prior learning (RPL)
No RPL at this level.
Cooperation with the business community
Guest speakers. Understanding the recruitment process in today’s working life.
Course discussion about the similarities and differences between countries – targeted CV’s in different countries.
Contact and distance sessions.
Students' performance is graded on the following scale: Excellent (5), Very good (4), Good (3), Satisfactory (2), Fair (1), Fail (0).
Link to the joint assessment grid. The assessment of one’s own learning.
Marit Keränen, Anna Kimberley
Materials to be announced in the implementation plan.