Scope: 2-ects (54-hours)
Timing: Year-1, Period 4 and 5
Level: Professional studies
On completion of the course, the student
• understands the role of studies in Haaga-Helia
• recognizes his/her personal & professional strengths and psychological capital
• understands his/her role in the field of hospitality /tourism
- Self-knowledge and self-efficacy / psychological capital / personal strengths
- recognize his/her duties and role as a student in Haaga-Helia
- Is familiar the learning environment in Haaga-Helia
- Individually builds his/her “Personal Study Plan” for the complete studies (3,5 years)
- Takes part to the “Tutor Discussion”
Starting level and linkage with other courses
None. This course is targeted only to HH Degree students (not available for open university students).
Successful completion of the course is evaluated on a scale of pass/fail. The assessment criteria is presented on a scale pass/fail.
Active participation and well completed assignments (cases).
Student has completed successfully all the studies included to the course content
Student has participated to the education processes
Student has not planned his/her studies sufficiently or done study plan.
Student has not taken part to the “Tutor Discussion”
Working life connections
Students will take part in learning activities about selected local and/or global partner organisations or local community members.
In this course, it is ensured that the learning activities include a global/international perspective. The Facilitator(s) infuses international elements into the learning content and international resources are used in the course readings. The teaching and learning methods used are appropriate to a culturally diverse student population. International guest-speakers and industry partner are involved into the learning.
The learning goals of this course can be reached in the following ways:
a. Lectures and self-studies
Assessing one’s own learning is a compulsory part of the course.
Taina Pallonen, Haaga
Ulla Ijäs, Haaga