- Code: ISM4TX420
- Extent: 5 ECTS (135 h)
- Timing: 3rd semester
- Language: English
- Level: Advanced professional studies
- Type: Elective
Starting level and linkage with other courses
ICT Management Frameworks (ISM2TX110) must be completed before taking this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
- understands the main sourcing concepts, the vendor management concepts and the sourcing process
- understands the diverse sourcing possibilities, their advantages and weaknesses and the implication in the company value chain
- understands the importance of good contract management in sourcing
- is able to apply the sourcing concepts and process in his/ her working environment
- is able to evaluate the sourcing solutions
- Sourcing concepts
- Models and principles for sourcing; lifecycle of sourced services
- Decentralize or centralize
- Nearshoring and offshoring
- Sourcing in the company value chain
- Sourcing strategy
- Sourcing contracts and vendor management
- Risk and security management in sourcing
Cooperation with the business community
Visiting lecturers or company visits.
The international partners of the course are companies with offshoring, nearshoring or outsourcing experiences.
Teaching and learning methods
- Contact hours
- Team work and team assignments using mediawiki
- Independent studies and individual assignments
- The assessment of one’s own learning 1 h
Accreditation of prior learning (APL)
“Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) is the generic term used for the award of credits on the basis of demonstrated learning which has taken place in the past”. APL gives a student an opportunity to demonstrate his/her knowledge and skills. A student displays with the competence demonstration that s/he manages the course objectives and contents mentioned in the course description. It is possible to participate in the competence demonstration only once before taking the course. A competence demonstration is assessed on the scale from 1 to 5.
Student demonstrates an sourcing process and results (written material) made by him/ her in his/ her working environment and explains his/ her general view of sourcing concepts and framework (written material). The demonstration can be a case study demonstration for all students in the group.
Other material given by the teacher.
- Team assignments
- Individual assignments
The assessment of one’s own learning does not influence the grade. The assignment is the same for all courses/modules and the answers will also be used for course/module development. The assignment is completed online in WinhaOpaali.