- Code: ISM4TX400
- Extent: 5 ECTS (135 h)
- Timing: 4th semester
- Language: English
- Level: Advanced professional studies
- Type: Elective
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Program Management Best Practices (ISM4TX410) must be completed before this course. Sourcing Management (ISM4TX420) is recommended to be completed or studied parallel with this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
- understands how to analyze ICT investment decisions
- understands how to select ICT Suppliers and steer the implementation
- understands different organisations and organisational cultures
- knows how to coordinate large international ICT development programs and knows what it means to be accountable of set (or portfolio) of projects
- is able to discuss the importance of and different strategies for managing information systems resources
- This course reflects the contents of the previous courses to selected Company Cases
Cooperation with the business community
Visiting lecturers or company visits.
Students get familiar with examples of international or global projects.
Teaching and learning methods
In addition to contact lessons, the students will work on both team and individual assignments.
- Contact sessions
- Independent studies
- Working on individual assignments
- Reporting, presentation and discussion
- The assessment of one’s own learning 1 h
Accreditation of prior learning (APL)
“Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) is the generic term used for the award of credits on the basis of demonstrated learning which has taken place in the past”. APL gives a student an opportunity to demonstrate his/her knowledge and skills. A student displays with the competence demonstration that s/he manages the course objectives and contents mentioned in the course description. It is possible to participate in the competence demonstration only once before taking the course. A competence demonstration is assessed on the scale from 1 to 5.
Student demonstrates a future anticipation project (with written material) in which he/ she has participated in his/ her working environment.
To be announced
To be announced
- Maturity of the evaluation and improvement plans of the practical case study
- Quality of the report and presentation
- Self-reflective paper - Passed/Failed
The assessment of one’s own learning does not influence the grade. The assignment is the same for all courses/modules and the answers will also be used for course/module development. The assignment is completed online in WinhaOpaali.