- Code: ISM2TX110
- Extent: 3 ECTS (81 h)
- Timing: 1st semester
- Language: English
- Level: Advanced professional studies
- Type: Compulsory
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
- understands the meaning of ICT management frameworks in his/ her working environment
- understands the main structure and content of most significant ICT management frameworks
- is able to apply the framework thinking in his/ her working environment
- is able to apply one framework in his/ her working environment
ICT Management frameworks are management tools that provides best practices and proved standards for successful strategical, technical, organizational and legal management of ICT services and infrastructure.
- TOGAF The Open Group Architecture Framework
- COBIT – supports IT governance
- ITIL - provides a systematic and professional approach to the management if IT service provision.
- CMMI/ CMM – Capability Maturity Model Integration
- ICT Standard for Management (ICT Standard Forum)
- ISO 20000 standards IT Service Management: ISO 20000-1 is the 'Specification for Service Management, ISO 20000-2 is the 'Code of practice for Service Management'.
- ISO 27001 Standard (Information Security Management)
- ISO 12207 Systems and software engineering — Software life cycle processes
- PMBOK, Project Management Body of Knowledge
- PRINCE2, Projects IN Controlled Environments
- Risk Management: M_o_R (Management of Risk)
Cooperation with the business community
Visiting lecturers or company visits
Students make them familiar with ICT management frameworks in the global companies and in the global environment.
Teaching and learning methods
- Contact hours
- Team work and team assignments
- Independent studies and individual assignments
- The assessment of one’s own learning 1 h
Accreditation of prior learning (APL)
Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) is the generic term used for the award of credits on the basis of demonstrated learning which has taken place in the past. APL gives a student an opportunity to demonstrate his/her knowledge and skills. A student displays with the competence demonstration that s/he manages the course objectives and contents mentioned in the course description. It is possible to participate in the competence demonstration only once before taking the course. A competence demonstration is assessed on the scale from 1 to 5.
Student demonstrates an ICT management framework (written material) made by him/ her in his/ her working environment and explains his/ her general view of ict management frameworks.
To be announced
Other material given by the teacher.
- Team assignments
- Individual assignments
The assessment of one’s own learning does not influence the grade. The assignment is the same for all courses/modules and the answers will also be used for course/module development. The assignment is completed online in WinhaOpaali.