- Code: ISM8TX110 (Master students), ICT8TN007 (Bachelor students)
- Extent: 5 ECTS (135 h)
- Timing: 2.-4. semester (Master students), 4.-6. semester (Bachelor students)
- Language: English
- Level: Professional/Advanced professional studies
- Type: Elective
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Basic understanding of information systems required. No particular courses required as prerequisites.
The overall objective of the course is to give the students insight to the business possibilities and technical methods for Cloud Computing and Services. Master’s degree students focus more on the business value whereas bachelor’s degree students have the focus closer to the technology.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
- knows the concept and models of cloud computing
- understands the opportunities of cloud services from the business viewpoint
- knows at least one of the most common platform for developing cloud services
- is capable of planning and developing either technical- or business-oriented cloud service
The course is focused on cloud computing and services. The project work may focus either on business models/values or technical solutions. The exercises and project may be conducted as a pair work or team work or individually. The contact lessons cover the following subjects:
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Cloud architectures, e.g. SalesForce and IBM platforms and technologies
- Service models; SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Cloud Services in Business and Markets
- Company cases and exercises. Some IT-companies will visit at the course by telling their cloud experiences.
Cooperation with the business community
The course is implemented in close cooperation with companies active in the related field. The companies bring the real case knowledge in the lessons and exercises.
Teaching and learning methods
Course material is defined in the beginning of the course