• Code: FIN1RZ002
• Scope: 3 ECTS (81 h)
• Language: Finnish
• Level: Professional studies (Target level A2.2)
• Type: Compulsory
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
• can tell about his/her past and introduce his/her own culture or other topics of interest
• is able to make a presentation in Finnish
• has got improved vocabulary within the customer service communication, and also the knowledge of Finnish grammar
• is able to communicate with working colleagues in Finnish
• Conditional mood
• Past tense: forms and use
• Writing reading and reading emails in Finnish
• Getting acquainted with current topics by using Internet in Finnish
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Finnish for Hospitality and Tourism Industry (FIN2RZ001)
or the grade 4 or 5 in the Basics of Finnish for Hospitality and Tourism (FIN2RZ003)
or the documented skills on level A.2.1 (for example in the Finnish Level Test in Haaga-Helia)
The course is evaluated on a scale excellent (5), very good (4), good (3), satisfactory (2), fair (1), fail (0). The assessment criteria is presented on a scale 1 - 3 - 5.
has a passable command of standard oral and written Finnish on hospitality and tourism topics.
is able to communicate in some of the situations he/she is likely to encounter.
has a satisfactory command of standard oral and written Finnish on hospitality and tourism topics
is able to communicate in many of the situations he/she is likely to encounter.
has a good command of standard oral and written Finnish on hospitality and touris topics.
is able to communicate in most situations he/she is likely to encounter.
Working life connections