Scope: 3 ECTS (81 h)
Timing: semesters 3 - 7
Course level: Free-choice Studies
Course type: free-choice
Starting level and linkage with other courses
The course is only for the incoming exchange students. Degree students are not accepted to the course.
Upon completion of the course, the student
- communicates well in English, both orally and in writing
- has expanded his/ her knowledge and understanding of economic and financial texts and the vocabulary related to business
- is able to follow his/her other business classes conducted in English
- is able to give presentations in English
- is able to write reports according to HH guidelines
- writing business related texts
- discussions on current economic and business topics
- giving presentations
- communicating through various media (e.g. e-mailing, telephoning)
Recognising and validating prior learning (RPL)
No RPL at this level.
Cooperation with the business community
Business based examples and cases.
Contributions by multicultural student groups. Course topics related to international business
Contact and distance sessions.
Students' performance is graded on the following scale: Excellent (5), Very good (4), Good (3), Satisfactory (2), Fair (1), Fail (0).
Link to the joint assessment grid. The assessment of one’s own learning.
Materials to be announced in the implementation plan.