Extent: 5cr (135 h)
Timing: 2th - 6th semester
Starting level and linkage with other courses
The course has no special starting requirement
Upon completion of the course, the student is able to
- Understand and describe social media advertising as a strategic tool in today’s international business environment
- Gain in-depth knowledge of Facebook advertising and Google advertising
- Apply social media advertising theories to practical marketing campaigns
- Understand how companies can use and leverage latest Facebook advertising strategies, Google Adwords strategies, remarketing technics and Twitter advertising
- Understand what kind of opportunities re-marketing offers in today´s market place
- Develop an action plan in order to implement paid social media campaign for any company
- Create a simple digital marketing plan for a company
- Introduction to paid social media advertising: Facebook advertising, Google Adwords advertising, Facebook and Google Re-marketing, Twitter advertising
- Why companies need to use paid social media advertising
- How to promote your business with Facebook advertising
- How to promote your business with Google Adwords
- How to promote your business with Re-marketing
- How to promote your business with Twitter advertising
- How to create a paid social media advertising for your business
- Examples and case studies
- Questions and answers
Cooperation with the business community
Course includes interviews with experts from the business community on how they recommend using digital marketing.
Course includes case studies and examples of successful social media advertising campaigns
Teaching and learning methods
The course consists of virtual learning and independent work.
This is a 100% virtual course.
Student can access the course material (video tutorials and materials) in Moodle.
You are expected to complete this course within 4 – 6 weeks after starting.
More than 60 video tutorials and other materials that are inside the course.
Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising: How to Access 1 Billion Potential Customers in 10 Minutes by Keith Krance and Perry Marshall, 2015
Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords: How to Access 100 Million People in 10 Minutes Minutes by Perry Marshall, 2014
Facebook and Google advertising presentations shared on the course.
Course assessment is based on:
• Self assessment students complete at the end of the course
• Quizzes student complete and the end of each topic (5 in total)
• Digital marketing plan that student will create at the end of the course.