Extent: 5cr (135 h), 4 – 5 weeks
Timing: 2nd - 6th semester
Starting level and linkage with other courses
The course has no special starting requirement.
Upon completion of the course, the student is able to
- Understand and describe Social Media Marketing as a strategic tool in today’s international business environment
- Apply social media marketing theories and new technics like the use of virtual reality to practical marketing campaigns
- Understand how companies can use and leverage most important social media sites like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Understand how to communicate via social media and respond to negative comments/feedback
- Create a simple social media plan for a company
- Introduction to Social Media
- Why social media is so important for businesses today
- How to promote your business on Facebook
- How to promote your business on YouTube
- How to promote your business on Twitter
- How to promote your business on Instagram
- How companies can use Snapchat for marketing
- How to create a social media plan for your business
- Companies can use virtual reality and augmented reality
- Examples and case studies
- Questions and answers
Cooperation with the business community
Course includes interviews with Finnish and international companies on how they use social media.
Course includes case studies and examples of successful social media campaigns in Finland and abroad.
Teaching and learning methods
The course consists of virtual learning (online videos) and independent work.
100% virtual course and students are recommended to create their own study plan in order to complete the course effectively.
More than 60 video tutorials that are inside the course.
Facebook Marketing Tips and Strategies for Small Business, Rouhiainen, L. 2016. Amazon
Inbound Marketing, Revised and Updated: Attract, Engage, and Delight Customers Online Halligan, B. & Shah, D. 2014.
Video Marketing Tips and Strategies for Small Business Rouhiainen, L. 2013. Amazon
Course assessment is based on:
• Self assessment students complete at the end of the course
• Quizzes student complete and the end of each topic (5 in total)
• Social media plan that student will create at the end of the course